Community Service Announcement - Maple Street is having a sale

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know Maple Street in the UK are having a sale. They have some things listed for less than 1 pound. I scored a couple of Scroll Top Front Doors & Yorktown dentil trim windows.

Scroll top Front Door

Portico/Door toppers are super cheap

If you are a half scaler, they have some lights and lighting accessories under 1 pound and also a couple of doors and windows. :D

Back when the Fanceys were publishing Dolls' House & Miniature Scene & I was subscribing I used to spend inordinate amounts of time drooling over the Maple Street ads and wishing we had their stores on this side of the pond.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am furious with this company.

In October I had promised a donation item  to a Children's charity for Christmas as I usually do but didn't commit to what it was, I saw Samantha's post,  took a look and bought quite a lot of stuff for from .Maple Street on sale. I had a beautiful Artply  finished house I had bought from Craigs list  just waiting for a good sale to come along and when I saw what they had I knew the bit of work it needed would be done in 3 of 4 days so I ordered things to finish it, then let the charity know my donation would be a dollhouse. It is sitting there waiting for Maple Street to deliver. As I had not received any shipping info and was starting to get a bit worried I emailed them to ask when it was shipped as it had been almost weeks since I ordered. Their ad said they needed to make room for new stock coming in  hence the great sale

I just got an email back this morning  saying for me to understand that their suppliers are very busy at this time of the year and they will ship my stuff when the stock comes in icome in, so they threw a sale  with stock they didn't have and I am committed with this house now.

I don't have another house that I can get together unless I do the Victorias farmhouse rehab, it is big and a lot of work and I am not sure I could physically  do it in time . I do have all the components to do it, but I wanted to keep that one. I have spent a lot of  money collecting stuff for the farmhouse as it needed a lot of things  but I liked it and it was for me.

When I bought  the Artply one I bought for a giving item,. Some one identified it for me the day it came . Now I am in a real turmoil as I don't know what to do. Even if they mailed the stuff today it would be too late to get to me in time to use it and they don't have it so who knows when it will turn up.

I vaguely remember just a week or two ago there was some talk of a childs dollhouse available at a reasonable price  from one of the big stores and someone bought one to quickly make and donate it  to something.. I seem to think it went together over a weekend or something like that I can't find the link, does anyone know.. otherwise I shall be shopping in Toy R Us next week. I  just don't know what else to do

I'm sorry you had this experience Jeannine.. :( I've never had issues with Maple Street before, but my order this time hasn't shipped either.. Nothing comes quick to Australia though, so I guess I'm used to waiting an age for an order. 

I asked just what was holding them up and it was handmade food which I had ordered for my houses, anyway I have sent for the  other house. My Grandson lives 2 minutes from the border so he will pick it up,d build it and deliver it for me. It was very annoying though and I panicked there for a minute or to. I almost bought one of their own Tudor houses but I am glad I didn't now.

Today I decided to go through all my china paints as I am going to start working on dolls in the next few days. I got out the box, opened it and was in heaven, the smell of the clove oil took me straight back to a really good place where my husband and I were both healthy and enjoying my studio, it was like magic. I closed my eyes and just for a few seconds  felt my husband there with me, it was wonderful, it is amazing what an aroma can do.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

Today I decided to go through all my china paints as I am going to start working on dolls in the next few days. I got out the box, opened it and was in heaven, the smell of the clove oil took me straight back to a really good place where my husband and I were both healthy and enjoying my studio, it was like magic. I closed my eyes and just for a few seconds  felt my husband there with me, it was wonderful, it is amazing what an aroma can do.

This made me smile Jeannine.  Yes aromas can bring us to other places and times for sure 

I should have said that the clove oil was particularly special to us because my husband used to eat the cloves, I have no idea why he liked them but he did. I used to have to hide them from him  or I didn;t have any for baking with, so when I started to use china painting oils that had some clove oil  in I threatened to leave him if he touched it LOl

It/s like the pefumes, you know what I mean I close my eyes, open the empty bottle and still just barely smell my Mum

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I should have said that the clove oil was particularly special to us because my husband used to eat the cloves, I have no idea why he liked them but he did. I used to have to hide them from him  or I didn;t have any for baking with, so when I started to use china painting oils that had some clove oil  in I threatened to leave him if he touched it LOl

It/s like the pefumes, you know what I mean I close my eyes, open the empty bottle and still just barely smell my Mum

When I feel a cold coming on I head for Young Living Essential Oil Thieves.  It smells and tastes just like cloves, one of the main ingredients. I will think of you both now every time lol 

11 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Ahhhh, I just got a really nice feeling from that.

13 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I am so glad you had that moment and memory.  I am sure he was watching over you at that time.  

I am sure too he is out there watching. I have picture on the fridge that was taken shortly before he died. He could no longer really speak but I used to lean close and chat to him and he knew my voice I think, I would talk about old times and his face would light upas  he smiled   and he also seemed to smile with his eyes. The picture captured that look, he  has a cheeky half smile and his eyes are smiling. I talk to it all day.  A couple of days ago there was a Mario Lanza special on the Tv, he loved that voice so I went to the picture to tell him it was coming on, I turned the volume up high and sang along. I tease the picture by telling him what I am cooking and commiserate with him that he has to live on Cloud Pie.

I sometimes think I am losing it!!!