Mrs Claus ideas where to find her?

Anna

So as I am putting the Christmas house in order I see that Mrs Claude has yet to appear and I have been searching for a suitable little lady, but so far had no luck, atleast not around here in these parts of the world :) so I would very much appreciated ideas on where yo look for her. as My finger is still yet healing why fimo and making myself so far is not happening in a while atleast, unfortunatley....

There are a few resin Mrs. Claus figures in 1:12 scale:

https://www.melodyjane.com/dolls-house-miniature-1-12-people-resin-figure-mrs-claus-mother-christmas-lady

https://www.miniatures.com/Mrs-Santa-Resin-Doll-P21390.aspx

These are available at other stores and eBay too, I just grabbed the first links I saw. Also look for Christmas ornaments, a 5-6" tall ornament would work as a 1:12 person.

If you can't locate one in time you could always use the power of suggestion...that Mrs Claus has just left the room for a moment and there is her apron hanging over a chair, a cup of hot tea, and a pair of shoes just taken off. 

Until your finger heals enough for polymer clay, can you hold a needle & thread?  I'm thinking an old nylon stocking, a wire armature wrapped with bits of batting, stuff some of the nylon for the head and soft sculpt the face with needle & thread like a 1:12 Stumpkin (I used to make these in the '80s).  If she sits in a corner mending elves' socks or stands at the stove putting cookies in to bake or taking them out, she'd do until you are mended enough to make a better one.

Thank you all for fägreat suggestions! I can do "easy" tasks as light seeing and as I am Left handed I can always use scissors with that hand instead as that is a real Pain otherwise...

for later I want a few elves for the outside scene all busy playing in the snow/having a snow ball fight....

I can relate. I also have a Christmas mouse, and I'd had a Santa for years, but he was lonely.

I found my Mrs. Clause in a thrift store a couple years ago. She was just an old ornament, wearing a red velvet dress and a hideous hat.  .  .I got her home and gave her a little makeover. I removed the hat, and painted her yellow/orange hair white (it's just molded plastic) and fixed her dress up a little.

I think she looks pretty good for 99 cents!

• Like 1