Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures shop!

tinystuff4me

Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures & Dolls

Located in the Historic District!

Aurora Oregon 

What a whirlwind of craziness it's been around here!  Here is a bit of what's new.....
I am thrilled to announce that Mike Clarizio's magnificent Chandeliers and table lamps are here!  If you want the finest gold plated Swarovski Crystal Chandelier for your Dollhouse, these are exquisite. The table lamps are beautiful too!
I admit I went a little crazy at an auction, I'll let all the pictures speak for themselves.  If you see anything your interested in PM me, give me a description and I'm sure we can make a deal.
Decorating for the Holidays in Aurora is a big deal. I am doing my best with all the spare time I have...haha
Thanksgiving weekend is open house in every shop here in town. If you live in the area come visit and have some hot cider and a cookie or 2!
I have had people give me a bad time (jokingly) that I don't post often enough. I promise to try harder. When you wear every hat it doesn't leave much time. I was even a full day late for the time change...talk about confusing! 
There is never a time that I just sit. Even in the evening I may pop in a movie, but there is a tray on my lap. Sorting, research and pricing until I fall asleep. You should see the boxes of my own projects. I keep saying I will take a Wendy day and play....
I have the bookeeping, cleaning....can you imagine the dust in a house built in 1904 with a furnace that's as old as the hills!  It's got a huge antique floor grate and I swear I see the dust bunnies waving hello as they fly by!
I also study. There is so much to learn about miniatures and Dollhouses (of course my vintage and antique Dolls too) I wonder if people know how far back in history they go? The famous people who have had and thoes who do still share our passion?  I wish all thoes mini walls could talk! 
I am also always taking notes as I I remember something, learn something new or hear a story from a customer. With all my memories from my childhood and thoes as an adult, I plan on putting them into a book one day.  It's funny, just in this last year 4 people have asked if I have one out or have said I need to. Who knows, maybe one day. 
I am still looking for help in the shop. I have a fellow collector that comes in when she can, but I want at least 1 or 2 more. Part time, once in awhile...
I'm easy! 
My friend Jim is coming to help the first part of December. He is "that" Jim Larson builder of the famous Ship...The Miniscule in the shop and a 100 other pieces of his art.
He says he has to come and fix my front counter...it's not as high as the cabinet next to it and it's making him crazy!  He is fun to have around and customers love to talk to him about his art.
Well, now that I have chatted till your crazy I'll close for now.
I'll be back soon, promise!
Enjoy all the pictures!! 

Your mini friend, Wendy  

Hmmmm...for some reason I'm not having luck attaching any pictures. I do have them all posted on the shops facebook page.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1384079495029573&id=1218761951561329

Edited by tinystuff4me
Spelling error

Looks like an ad to me.

8 hours ago, tinystuff4me said:

...I do have them all posted on the shops facebook page.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1384079495029573&id=1218761951561329

I won't join or log into FB, so can't see the pictures.

8 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Is this an advert?

Yes, of sorts. This is the part of the forum to share items for sale but without posting prices. Wendy owns a store and does not post here often. This is what she posted by way of introduction a year ago. Have any Greenleaf members found their way to her shop?

Hello from Oregon! I'm a new member and have no idea what I'm doing. This looks like a great place to share and laugh!  I own the newest Dollhouse and Miniature shop in the Northwest. I would love to talk to artisans who would possibly consign in my shop. I'm not looking to get rich, I'll be happy to pay the rent. I want to share and have fun! What a wonderful passion we share!  I am in this adorable little town, 26 antique shops and almost all are walking distance from each other. Quant little places to grab a snack or even sample wine. I am in the Historic District. Right on Main street in a huge old 2 story house with original hardwood floors throughout. Come and play, visit, meet other miniaturist and have FUN! This is a dream I have had that goes back about 25 years, my grandma and I would sit and plan for hours of what we wanted and what we would do. Some how it's happened. Grandma is here in my heart, guiding me all the way. I moved in here using every penny I could scrounge up, even selling tons of miniatures and collectibles online. Please plan a stop by and share in my dream come true and best of all...I get to live in my "Dollhouse"!  mini hugs to all! Wendy   Heirlooms...Dollhouse Miniatures & More  Aurora Oregon  425-209-9196   exactly 1/2 way between Portland and Salem.

Would SO love to visit her shop!  But alas, my DD and SIL moved back to the east coast three years ago (this week!) and we will probably never have reason to travel out to Portland again.  :(  Wishing her success!!  Now I'm gonna go looks at her chandeliers......

Husband and I have been to Wendy's store twice.  One time, found it to be closed due to the furnace being repaired, but Wendy let us in (after knocking on the door) to do some quick shopping.  Quite a variety of minis with good range of prices.  I am not a big spender.  I do enjoy admiring the artisan pieces, but usually buy something that she bought at an estate sale or auction.

Store is conveniently located in the historical district of a town with good access from/to I-5.  I notice in Wendy's post, she mentions the desire to write a book someday.  After our first visit to her store and the other nearby shops (lots of antique stores), I came away wishing I had the ability to write a book that would become a Hallmark movie based on the shops and shop owners.

I don't live close enough to go often, but plan to stop here when traveling that way.  I wish her success in this business venture.

Hi!

Was this not the right place for me to post? I wasn't selling any one thing really..well I guess the chandeliers. Didn't think to price them. I really wanted to share pictures of the changes in the shop and how it's grown! Could someone maybe explain what to do about my picture problem? The popup says they are to big? They are just simple pics taken with my phone that I send to people all the time. As for facebook, I know that's not the ideal place to go for many and personally I don't care for facebook. As a buisness owner I was a bit stuck. I have started a website many times and just don't have time to keep it up and I would love too have one!! I can't afford to have it professionally done from what I have seen. If anyone knows where I can get one made at a really reasonable price, I would be grateful. I maybe able to do the upkeep myself. I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to all that, but I can learn. I would lIke to have a ecomerce site (right word?) So I can post things for sale at times. I also have a good size email list waiting for newsletters. Ok, so there is all that info! This certainly wasn't meant to be a banner advertisment. An update on the shop yes. So many people still don't know I'm here and now that the word is spreading I have sales and consignments coming in from all parts of the world! It's so exciting! So, thank you for allowing me to post and if there is a better place let me know. The pictures are wonderful of different rooms and groups of things that have come in recently. So yes I guess this is an advertisement, as I want to share my shop and my passion. Of course show pictures of lovely miniarures even if they aren't for sale!  Mini Thanks, Wendy 

Edited by tinystuff4me
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Wendy, this is absolutely the correct place for you to post about what's going on with your shop, and I have personal reasons for not doing internet social media, but it's a wonderful way for businesses to get the word out.  The "pictures" feature of the "web explorer" on our laptop allows me to resize pictures for posting in my albums.  I'm useless when it comes to posting from phones & tablets, but I'm sure those who do will weigh in to help you.  Maybe start an album in the gallery here?.

I wanted to mention that opening a miniature shop anywhere was a scary thought! It's one my Grandma and I would sit and talk about over Tea when I was very young. I was fortunate to grow up around precious things, dreams do come true. I lived one.  My Grandmother at one point when I was in grade school in the late 60's had one of the biggest antique doll collections in the Northwest. She was also a well known doll doctor and Doll costume artist. People would send dolls from farway places for her to repair and dress. Of course our Dollhouses came first. The doll money financed the mini's!  I won't bore everyone with stories, except...how about Brownie and Girl Scout troops coming to your own house for tours!! LOL

As for buisness...At this point I'm not worried. I never have expected to get rich. If the shop can keep a roof (a small one is fine) over my head I'll be happy. It's unbelievable how many miniaturists are in this area! Many bring in pieces of furniture or a bit of wallpaper to match whatever they are looking for. They come in to touch, to look, to play, to remember and to be in a happy place where you must leave your worries on the porch. When things are slow I still dabble on eBay. I do very well selling there. Oh, shop verses the internet you can't bring your lunch or have a cup of Tea while visiting and shopping. Well I guess you can, not nearly as fun! Best of all...ALL furry friends are welcome and Tip will greet them at the door and always have a treat to share! So yes, buisness is fine. It's grown so much in the last year it's crazy. If times get tough maybe I'll start one of thoes..fund me pages to cover overhead. Haha I'll tell you one thing...I won't go down without a fight! As a side note...I need instructors to give classes!! Small and easy to days on a hard project! I have had many requests for a shop mini club and need someone to help organize it. Wow...this has been a lot of writting!  I won't take up more space.

To those of you who took time to read all this blabbering...I thank you!

Wendy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Wendy, this is absolutely the correct place for you to post about what's going on with your shop, and I have personal reasons for not doing internet social media, but it's a wonderful way for businesses to get the word out.  The "pictures" feature of the "web explorer" on our laptop allows me to resize pictures for posting in my albums.  I'm useless when it comes to posting from phones & tablets, but I'm sure those who do will weigh in to help you.  Maybe start an album in the gallery here?.

Oh gosh, now I'm trying to ask you a question without quoting.  I'm searching for a tutorial...must be one. I am looking for someone to help with the picture situation. Should I post that request here also. I thank you in advance for any help.you may have. Wendy

hmm I tried a different way of posting and it worked. But there are only 2 pictures in this fiLe on my phone! Lol .IMG_20170527_080306.thumb.jpg.36ca36e68

From my iPhone, when I need to reduce my photos, I attach them to an email addressed back to myself. As the email is sent a pop up asks my what size photos I want to send. I usually choose in the 500KB range. After I receive the email I save the downsized photos to my phone’s gallery and then download them to my post.

There is a 92 year old sweetheart that owns a little miniature shop in our area- the last of its kind.  Her inventory is sparse and dwindling- slowly getting sold down as she is not buying any re-stock. As I am aging and getting tired of my current office job, I often daydream about buying the business from her and moving it to my town.  :)  I wouldn't care it I made money or not- it would just be a wonderful way to spend my retirement years!

I wouldn't have a clue about doing classes....I would have to invite other miniaturists in to do them!  I would have an idea of how to set them up, price them and advertise - -when I had my cake shop I gave classes all of the time - - but consider myself still a "newbie" with miniatures so I would have to rely on paying a guest teacher.  When I was doing wedding cakes I was part of an international cake club and there was an official traveling teachers list: wonder if NAME has such a list?

Anyway- sounds like you have a magical childhood!  :p  And a Grandmother that was very encouraging!  When I was trying to start my cake business and had dreams of opening a cake decorating supply shop, I had very little support and encouragement on the endeavor.  I managed only to have an in-home cake business with a tiny bit of retail (mostly just supplies for my classes). 

Your shop looks adorable!  Keep us informed!  :)