Beacon Hill Dolls House first introduced?

sue101

Hi from the UK everyone, I'm new to green leaf houses and also to this forum. 

I rescued a really trashed Beacon Hill dolls house, I wonder if anyone can tell me when this kit was first introduced for sale please. The person I bought it from said a relative had made it for them around 25 years ago, I would really love to know how old it could be but have no idea. It did look old as it was painted in bright orange with brown detailing and the papers inside looked very retro. 

The house is different to the modern ones in the fact it has plain smooth faced interior doors. 

I really love this house and I have spent hours and hours so far restoring it. 

Thanks for your help :)

Sue, I hope you will post an introduction in the newcomers' forum.

The Greenleaf doors are usually made from the punchouts for the door openings, so they are plain smooth faced.  You can make molding & panels from 1/16" stock or card to fancy them up, or you can substitute other doors.  I generally make new doors and sometimes windows, too.

I believe the current owner's grandfather started making die-cut plywood dollhouse kits.

I have copies of nutshell news magazine (miniatures magazine) dating back to the early 1980s and the Beacon Hill is pictured in the ads Greenleaf put in the magazine. 

Also hi Sue, welcome to the forum, I have a Beacon Hill too, love it :)