Shingling a Gazebo or Tower

Beulah

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I never thought to cover those roof "seams" with soutache; that is BRILLIANT!!!

Thank You Holly!  I think it was more of a hmm what am I gonna do, to cover those seams? :dunno:  Dig through all my stash, must be something, kind of thing. :ohyeah: I think painting the fabric to make it stiffer really made it look like wood.  I might use it for cornice next time, that stuff is spendy.  The soutache I got at goodwill for a song, otherwise that is not cheap either. Of course sometimes you got to just bite the bullet.  I really need to get back to work on the house soon.  next step is working on the doors, both exterior and interior and I hate hanging them. Think I will go the seam binding route.

OH P.S.  Thank you for reminding me what that stuff is called lol.  I forget so much anymore! :ohmy::hmm:

On November 25, 2017 at 1:17:51 PM, Shareb said:

I used black sandpaper for the roof of my Pierce.  Turned out very well.  I cut strips instead of individual shingles.  Because it's more bendable, I found the sandpaper much easier to use than the wooden shingles, especially when putting in tricky places.  I also used baking paper (tracing paper same thing) which I folded into the shape of the part of the roof I was shingling.  Obviously depends upon the look your going for, but I'll use this technique and sandpaper again. 

Optimized-Pierce Outside to op.jpg

How did you make the sane work I really love it 

Edited by NellBell
misspelling

I coloured spackle with chalk pastels and then spread it over a Stencil from Bromley's onto card.  I'm semi-pleased with it - of course as always I see things wrong with it now and would have done differently if I could have!