Introduction from coastal Delaware (and Central Florida part time)

Roy the Fixer

Greetings to all. It has come to my attention that I have not introduced myself, so here goes...

I am retired, but worked in automotive service for nearly 50 years. I was born and grew up in Washinton, DC and relocated to Florida, which is my “official” home base, in 1989. My Dad and I built a home on the coast of lower Delaware in 1968 and I learned many skills from him. 

I received my fist dollhouse kit, the Greenleaf Harrison, as part of my rewards fot excellence in the Cadillac Craftsman’s League in 1979. It stayed untouched until my daughter was almost 9 years old and I assembled and decorated it for part of her Christmas in late 1989. A steep learning curve; we did not have blogs and YouTube back then. I am now working on my second kit, the Willow from Corona Cocepts, which will be given to my granddaughter. On this project, I have learned many new-to-me techniques and my auto repair skills have served me well. 

I have already replied to one post in the Wiring topic and will post in that area soon to talk about a round wire technique that I came up with, but have not seen anywhere else so far.

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family, Roy.  Where in Central Florida?  (I may live in AL but I've been a FL girl most of my life)  If you're anywhere near Orlando and State Road 50 you have access to Ron's Miniatures (at least until he & Richard, his partner, retire).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Roy the Fixer said:

I received my fist dollhouse kit, the Greenleaf Harrison, as part of my rewards fot excellence in the Cadillac Craftsman’s League in 1979. 

I have already replied to one post in the Wiring topic and will post in that area soon to talk about a round wire technique that I came up with, but have not seen anywhere else so far.

Hi Roy, and welcome to the forum! I am delighted to learn that a Greenleaf dollhouse kit was used in recognizing excellence in what I'm guessing was a man's arena at that time.

I look forward to learning about your new wiring technique. :) 

My Florida home is in Lake Mary, about halfway between Daytona Beach and Disney World.  I will check out Ron’s Miniatures!  

“The Fixer” came from my many years of repairing cars and trucks, as well as toys, plumbing, doors, locks, etc. and a reputation to fix things that others said could not be done.  But it does have a nice “gangster” quality, doesn’t it? LOL!

Thanks for the kind welcomes, I hope to begin posting soon.  

Fortunately there is a whole lot more to Central Florida than Dismal.  If you keep going west on state road 50 until you come to US27 and hang aa right you will eventually spot the sign for the Clermont Winery (that used to be in Tallahassee as part of FAMU's viniculture program).