Christmas tree lights

Goldenrodfarm

Have any of you made lighted Christmas trees?  I am debating on light strings.  I see many have 2” gaps between lights, that seems like a lot of wire to hide.  The one I have settled on is from Evens Designs, he has chip and nano LEDs in strings that are 12 or 26 lights, the lights are one inch apart but I haven’t quite decided between 12 or 26, seems like 12 lights is not enough for a 6-7” tree, they would be spread pretty far apart.  I think I would go with the cool white nano lights, but am debating the price difference between 12 and 26 lights.  

I have a string from Christmas tree shops, but the lights are so far apart about 5-6” and huge compared to the nanos though, no michaels anywhere around here, but I imagine they are similar, mine are plug in and I wanted battery.  I was thinking the cool lights because I didn’t like the yellow shown in the picture of the warm lights, they seem to be much less bright.  Decisions decisions!

I will go looking, when I am in Bangor, there is nothing around here in stores except a mom & pop grocery and gas station, that is why I was trying to get something on line, but Christmas shopping is coming up!

On some site I saw a Christmas wreath stand that held a round box in the center, that would make a cute Christmas scene for my niece with a Christmas tree.

1 hour ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

... there is nothing around here in stores except a mom & pop grocery and gas station, that is why I was trying to get something on line ...

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Sorry, I forgot that some people here live in rural areas.

Rural here too. Not even a gas station. We have to carefully plan needs (+wants) and appts into our "going to town" trips. But we love the boondocks, even as inconvenient as it can be.

10 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Rural here too. Not even a gas station. We have to carefully plan needs (+wants) and appts into our "going to town" trips. But we love the boondocks, even as inconvenient as it can be.

I love the boondocks too!  Online shopping has done a lot for not having to go to  a bigger town, it is 180 mile round trip for me to go to Bangor, which is the nearest place.  Bangor is a fairly large town, but it is still missing a lot in the way of variety, but I would not give up my home in the North Maine Woods lol.

I've always been fascinated with Maine and the North Woods, due largely to being a Stephen King fan. Salems Lot is my favorite, when you say small rural Maine town I automatically picture Salems Lot lol. My (1700s) ancestors were in Bethel Maine so that raises my interest too, I'd love to visit someday. 

I should have started my Christmas projects earlier, now I can see how little time I have to work on them right before Christmas. Christmas sneaks up on me every year. 

• Like 1

Karin,  if you e- mail me your ancestors names I have some magazines of the history's of some towns in Maine and Bethel is one of them. They put it out about four times  a year.  My daughter still  lives there so we drive up there alot [ I live in Florida,not sure if we're going up for Christmas) Bethel is about an hour away from us. All the magazine are at camp,so it won't be something I can do now. There's is so much history in those towns,they were small,an most still are. Let me know and I will see what I can find......

I think this is chit- chat...but don't know how to get it there......sorry

5 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I've always been fascinated with Maine and the North Woods, due largely to being a Stephen King fan. Salems Lot is my favorite, when you say small rural Maine town I automatically picture Salems Lot lol. My (1700s) ancestors were in Bethel Maine so that raises my interest too, I'd love to visit someday. 

I should have started my Christmas projects earlier, now I can see how little time I have to work on them right before Christmas. Christmas sneaks up on me every year. 

Steven King lives a good deal south of me, he has a cool house with wrought iron gates that are creepy in Bangor.  He spoke at my younger brothers commencement from University of Maine at Orono.  I have met him several times but not a fan of his books, they would give me nightmares!   My town is just barely a town, it was called Sherman Station in parts ans Stacyville in other parts of the township, but since 911 we are all Stacyville.  I am quite sure there are more cows here then people and definitely more trees, population is 396, used to be 429, so we are shrinking.   Maine is so different in all the different parts, there are many different accents, the Downeast is the one people know, but Northern Maine has a different accent, and so does western Maine.  Northeastern and northern  Maine are much poorer parts of the state, unlike Southern Maine.

I laughed at the Christmas sneaking up on you, it does me too, can’t believe it is going to be December in a few days!

• Like 1

@GoldenrodfarmI think that's so interesting :) I love the woods and can't imagine how cool that would be to see the North Woods. Well I'm from Oregon we have a lot of trees there too but I'm sure the north woods are a league apart. 

@Mineejv that's ok we go pretty wildly off topic around here sometimes lol. Thanks for the info that is so cool that those are still small towns and the history is preserved. The family names are Bartlett, Hall and York and Sessions. I'd love any info you have about the towns. I have some pictures taken as late as the 1990s that show the house the Bartlett family built in the 1700s still standing and it was very near the cemetery. I get confused about the difference between Newry and Bethel, I think Newry became part of Bethel, not sure about that. Thanks so much for the info. I'll message u my email. 

You have a few of your family's names....that's good. In one of the magazines they tell you how to do your Geneslogy and family history with all free access sites. I haven't gone on any sites yet. Free means you have to do the work,but that's OK..... I'll get that for you too.

• Like 1

I have been looking at fairy lights in amazon, the battery ones all say that they are only good for 24 to 48 hours.  Some people in reviews that after 3 hours they start to dim, is that what people here find?  I have a package from A.C. Moore but they don’t say battery life.  They use the coin batteries in the ones I have been looking at in amazon.