New Member Introduction

SOT

Hi Greenleaf Dollhouse Community!

My name is Sallie Odom, and I am so excited about joining this new community!!! I love Jesus, am married to the most amazing man on the planet (in my opinion anyway!) and have two beautiful baby girls, and a tail-wagging fur-baby!!

I am currently renovating the dollhouse my sister and I received for Christmas 32 years ago, which my husband and I are giving to our oldest daughter this Christmas. Needless to say, I will have some questions!! Especially about lighting; does anyone know where I post lighting questions!

Thank you all in advance, and I eagerly look forward to conversing with you on this page!

Sincerely,

Sallie Odom :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Sallie.

What a great Christmas give. You may want to check out You-tube for wiring videos.

55 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Sallie.  Questions about construction, etc., can go in the General Mini Talk Forum, since more people are likely to see them there.

Edited by SOT
Did not reply in order! Sorry!! I’m new!!

56 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Sallie.  Questions about construction, etc., can go in the General Mini Talk Forum, since more people are likely to see them there.

Thank you havanaholly!!! I truly appreciate your direction! Will post in 20-30 minutes!!

14 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Sallie.

What a great Christmas give. You may want to check out You-tube for wiring videos.

Thank you Mid-life madness!! We have looked on YouTube. My husband knows all about wiring; just looking for a specific piece from when this dollhouse was made 32+ years ago; hoping not to have to re-wire the entire dollhouse as 3 of the 9 lights still work. Have not found it yet! Please wish us luck!! Thank you for your kind response!!

1 minute ago, Sable said:

It might just be that the bulbs are loose. Some bulbs are replaceable. 

Hi Sable!!! Thank you so much!!  About to make a post in the General Mini Talk Forum! Please check if you have a chance??

Welcome to the neighborhood Sallie! I can’t wait to see the house :) As regards to the lights not working, you might want to check and be sure no little wires are detached or touching the wrong side of the wire. Over the years, I noticed this usually was the cause of old lights not working in older dollhouses. Or, as Sable mentioned, the lights were loose or needed to be replaced. I hope it’s a simple fix for you!

• Like 1