Lighting Question

SOT

Hi everyone!!

I am new to the Greenleaf dollhouse community!! I am rebuilding the doll house my sister and I received 31 years ago for Christmas. (For those who replied to my new member post, I  apologize; I was incorrect. 1986 is the year stated on the plaque on the doll house, so it is 31, not 32 years old. Again, my apologies!!) My husband and I plan to give to my oldest daughter this Christmas!!!

We are hoping not to have to rewire the entire dollhouse. We  want to preserve its integrity. It came wired this way when my parents commissioned it to be made by Miniature Gallery in Memphis, TN. Is anyone familiar with this type of lighting? If so, could you lead me in the direction of where to find these lighting connectors? Or lights with this type of electrical connection? Thank you all in advance!!!

B1A61406-230A-467E-A924-53C032BE78E9.jpeg

56EF2E53-09FD-49E6-BDD3-374BA9BA8D1E.jpeg

I’ve never seen anything like it except that it mimics the real life fixtures used in the first electrical lighting systems used in real life houses.

http://www.rexophone.com/?p=1175

Looks like 12volt wire so you should be able to replace the entire fixture. If all of the existing 12 volt wires leads are working you should be able to connect a new fixture to the existing wiring, assuming it is easy to get to.

The wiring is in good shape to the ceiling fixture. The problem is most of them are underneath walls and tough to get to for making a splice. If these were still available somewhere, it would save us a lot of work. Thank you for all of your help.

Funny, I just noticed that my profile had me listed as a Male. I have no idea how that happened. I’m a 62 year old retired female.  My profile has been corrected.

I just left a message to a woman who owned  a dollhouse shop for 40 years. Maybe she knows something about your system.  I’ll let you know when I hear back from her. There are plenty of people here who’ve rehabbed older houses, hopefully they’ve seen these. It’s a first for me.

• Like 1

I've never seen one like that either. Keep in mind that the options for miniature lighting have vastly improved in 30 years (especially in the last 10 or so). If you can't find what you're looking for, and you want it to withstand play, I would consider replacing the lights with LEDs or battery operated... or just removing the lights and putting non working lights where the fixtures were. Electricity is cool, but expensive and not always practical for kids' dollhouses.

Can you post some pictures of the house that show the lights in context? That might help us give suggestions for what to do with them.

• Like 1

In my current house I’m installing recessed can LED lights basically for the their longevity, simplicity and just because I wanted lights but can never decide what fixtures to use. They are available from Lighting Bug Ltd. http://lightingbugltd.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=141

Here is what they look like installed:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=128769

• Like 1