Winter project underway

Keifer

If that flat red area is the patio, you can make one of those green egg grills out of a plastic Easter egg; prime with aerosol flat gray Rustoleum and it'll take paint like a charm!  The internet is full of tutorials for making mini picnic tables and Adirondack-type chairs.

On 9/13/2018, 6:29:57, Mid-life madness said:

This is spectacular Keith. Do some Pintrest browsing on RL landscapes and I bet you will be inspired.  I love the contrast of the red with the green grass and wood base.

23 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

This is amazing and gorgeous.  I really love the way you did the base.

Thank you both.  I am pleased with the look of the base as well.  Still a ways to go tho...I only did whats in the pic, so about 1/4 of the way done.  The original artist aligned his tiles verticle in rows so they have a kind of a checker board pattern.  I prefer the randomness of mine. 

On 9/14/2018, 2:49:21, Qubanqtee said:

wow doesn't seem to cut it for this entire house...I am mesmerized!

Thank you so much. I hope to have some pics that show the whole house soon.  I’ve been giving little progress shots here and there but its hard to visualize the whole thing I imagine. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018, 4:24:31, Keifer said:

Update...the finish line is in sight now.  The structure is about 95% complete, I got a few difficult things that I’m avoiding right now, if I’m being honest.  In the meantime I’m trying my hand at a little landscaping.  So far so good but I have no idea about the other 2/3rds of landscaping area.  I’m sure it will come to me. 

E38BDCDB-B536-4035-9032-3FC7CAF133E8.jpeg

This really looks awesome. I haven’t done grass yet. What are you using for the grass ? 

On 9/15/2018, 11:14:20, NellBell said:

This really looks awesome. I haven’t done grass yet. What are you using for the grass ? 

I couldn’t find a brand name but there is several companies that make it.  All of them say fairy grass in the description.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well at this point this project is just nit pickin me like crazy.  In my mind I thought...I can probably wrap this up in a few weeks but its been touch up this little painted area or make a piece of trim to cover this area.  I’m sure this is normal but its new to me, all part of the process, just a tad frustrating. 

Halfway done with the base, landscaping is all figured out just have to execute.  I had to make a trim piece for where the 2nd floor roof connects with the wall because I screwed up when making the wall panel.  Cut it perfectly but now the roof doesn’t fit the way it did before.  I feel like the house is saying “I’m going to make you work a little before you are done with me” 

sorry no new pics :(

just venting

On 14/09/2018, 9:24:31, Keifer said:

Update...the finish line is in sight now.  The structure is about 95% complete, I got a few difficult things that I’m avoiding right now, if I’m being honest.  In the meantime I’m trying my hand at a little landscaping.  So far so good but I have no idea about the other 2/3rds of landscaping area.  I’m sure it will come to me. 

E38BDCDB-B536-4035-9032-3FC7CAF133E8.jpeg

Love this landscape! Perfectly suited to this modern build. :clap:Oh and I know all about avoiding the difficult bits:giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

I figure I should close out this thread and mark it as finished, should any future members stumble across it. 

I also want to thank everyone who followed along with me on this journey.  I consider all of you just as much a part of this build as anything I did.  It really did mean a lot to me. 

4BD76E9A-3A76-419C-AE87-5D8292DF65FA.jpeg

OK.  I know this supposed to be "closed out," but real life has gotten in the way the past couple of weeks, and I haven't had an opportunity to comment before. :)

You did a brilliant job with this build--not only the design, but all the furniture you made to put in it.  That really made it extra special.  As Holly said, you should be truly proud of all you accomplished!

• Like 1