Hello from Wisconsin!

hjatwater

Hello all,

My name is Hilary, I live in NE Wisconsin and I've always loved miniatures!

In the late 80's, I saved up my money to buy the Dura-Craft Farmhouse FH-500 and spent many hours building it with my grandfather who passed away in 2005.  I had collected bunches of furniture and accessories, many of it gifts from my parents and grandparents.  I also saved up to buy the wiring kit.  I was so proud of that house and it was the one thing from my childhood that I wanted to hang onto.  A few years ago, I discovered that the dollhouse and totes of furniture and accessories were stolen by a former landlord or his property manager.  I was absolutely devastated.

So I decided to rebuild it.  Today I bought the FH-505 kit from ebay and I'm super excited!  I'm also very much looking forward to making some new friends here and learning all I can.

Thank you for reading my intro!    

• Like 2

Welcome to the Forum Hillary! So sad about what the Landlord did to you :( I’m happy that you were able to get the house kit again on eBay and I can’t wait to see what you do with it. My first dollhouse crush was the dura craft farmhouse 505 that was at Michael’s (over 20 years ago). Have you decided on any colors etc.? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2017, 3:58:08, Minis On The Edge said:

Welcome to the Forum Hillary! So sad about what the Landlord did to you :( I’m happy that you were able to get the house kit again on eBay and I can’t wait to see what you do with it. My first dollhouse crush was the dura craft farmhouse 505 that was at Michael’s (over 20 years ago). Have you decided on any colors etc.? 

Thank you!  I’m still undecided about color.  Love the yellow, but then there’s white/cream, red, blue, so many choices!  Lots of farms here in America’s Dairyland so I thought maybe I’d take a little road trip (if it ever warms up) and get some inspiration :)

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017, 10:15:28, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Hilary! What a neat story!

I still stalk my old Barbie Dream house on eBay from time to time!

I think our childhood love for our old toy's is what made the movie Toy Story so popular.

Ha!  I’ve been stalking craigslist for mine :)

On 11/30/2017, 8:37:28, My Miniature Madness said:

Welcome Hilary! I'm so excited for you and can't wait for you to share your progress with us! :wave:

Thank you!  After scouring the many newbie posts on this forum, I took the advice of starting with something smaller so I found a Greenleaf Village kit on eBay for practice :)  

• Like 1