Charles Wysocki Heartland Hollow Dollhouse for sale (NJ)

Kaylin

That is one heavy house and has resin/molded landscaping.

There is no bathroom, but there is an outhouse. And no dining room but instead a country store addition to the house. I got this house years ago via craigslist. It is a lot of fun if you get it at a good price. Shipping would be really difficult.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Minis On The Edge said:

I sure miss Franklin Mint! That house is Gorgeous! I remember it in the catalog years ago! Hope it finds a good home :) 

Anyone have any idea who designed/put together the Franklin Mint houses? I really have enjoyed mine. I always wonder who designed the entire setup - the furniture and house design, wallpapers. It was a big project whoever did it. And they did it quite nicely - the Norman Rockwell house is really charming - my only beef was there was no kitchen and the 2nd floor staircase needed a banister. The two english cottage houses are super cute. And Heartland is the biggest offering - and the folk art is really nice. Very pumpkin/farm/dutch blue. 

I wish they'd done a few more houses -even just to look at. I could never afford the retail price for them - I got mine second hand of course! They aren't a common occurrence, but you just know they are out there.

On 11/30/2017, 5:35:37, Elsbeth said:

Anyone have any idea who designed/put together the Franklin Mint houses? I really have enjoyed mine. I always wonder who designed the entire setup - the furniture and house design, wallpapers. It was a big project whoever did it. And they did it quite nicely - the Norman Rockwell house is really charming - my only beef was there was no kitchen and the 2nd floor staircase needed a banister. The two english cottage houses are super cute. And Heartland is the biggest offering - and the folk art is really nice. Very pumpkin/farm/dutch blue. 

I wish they'd done a few more houses -even just to look at. I could never afford the retail price for them - I got mine second hand of course! They aren't a common occurrence, but you just know they are out there.

I’ll have to look for my old Franklin Mint catalogs!ir seems like they had the back story of each house and a bit about the designers for each house they did. I’ll check my bookshelf today and see if they are still out and not in a bin in the garage. 

6 hours ago, Minis On The Edge said:

I’ll have to look for my old Franklin Mint catalogs!ir seems like they had the back story of each house and a bit about the designers for each house they did. I’ll check my bookshelf today and see if they are still out and not in a bin in the garage. 

They definitely had stories about Violet Schwenig's Rose Cottage, and Teresa Politowitcz (sp)'s Hummingbird Cottage - which, are basically the same house but one has a thatched roof and some slight variations in landscaping. They really are the same in most every way structurally - and even share furniture pieces, but their palettes and accent pieces (roses or hummingbirds) are different.  I have both and I love both. I will admit that the hummingbird house is my favorite - just something about the colors and details. Rose Cottage is fun to embellish with extra pink and chintz and frills, though. Anyway - the Wysocki house and the Rockwell houses were inspired by those artists, but they never said who actually designed the house or much about the furniture - I was always curious. They are well done houses and have interesting stairwells and doors and steps and porches - just very well detailed. Whoever project managed those mass produced houses and selected the furnishings did a great job. Who would the Mint go to for that job? I wonder.

Violet Schwenig is a "cottage artist" so maybe she had a hand in the initial cottage design. It is a heavy mostly resin structure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kaylin,

I have been looking for the Franklin Mint Heartland Hollow Dollhouse for a while and I would like to know if you still have this one for sale?  I live in Maryland but I could drive to New Jersey, so that could avoid the hassle of shipping.  Crossing my fingers for a positive answer, thanks! 

1 hour ago, happychacha said:

Hi Kaylin,

I have been looking for the Franklin Mint Heartland Hollow Dollhouse for a while and I would like to know if you still have this one for sale?  I live in Maryland but I could drive to New Jersey, so that could avoid the hassle of shipping.  Crossing my fingers for a positive answer, thanks! 

I do still have the house and furniture in storage. Tried to sell on eBay and Craigslist with no luck! 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Mari, I have requested that someone remove your email address; this forum is NOT a secure site and all sorts of spammers and webbots are constantly gathering personal info.  We have a very nice personal messaging function, if you hover your cursor over a user's name you will get a drop down box and among other things there's an envelope icon with the word "message" that can be clicked on to send a message.  At the top right corner of every page next to your avatar there is another envelope icon that has a number on it when you receive a message.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/23/2018, 8:01:19, ZZZZZoey said:

Hi Kaylin~If your Heartland Hollow Dollhouse is still available for sale Please contact me regarding price and location and if you are willing to ship ... I am interested in purchasing it.  Thank you.

Hi Kaylin~If your Heartland Hollow Dollhouse is still available for sale Please contact me regarding price and location and if you are willing to ship ... I am interested in purchasing it.  Thank you.

Hello Everyone~I am interested in purchasing a FRANKLIN MINT CHARLES WYSOCKI HEARTLAND HOLLOW DOLLHOUSE ... If anyone knows of one for sale close to the Orlando, Florida area or willing to ship to Orlando, Florida PLEASE contact me through the Greenleaf Blog site.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, ZZZZZoey said:

Hi Lisa. I suggest you message Kaylin as she does not appear to be an active member and possibly won’t see your post. Hope you have some success!

• 4 years later...

Debbie, if you read the message at the top of this forum:

"Please Read Before Posting!
This forum is for posting information only -- no prices! Please don't make more than one sales or trade solicitation post per week. Community members are reminded that Greenleaf staff and forum staff have no control over sales transactions or trades initiated in this forum.

We recommend not including your email address in your post, as this can open you up to unsolicited emails from spammers. Members are encouraged to communicate about trades and sales using the forum's private message system.

This forum is here on a temporary basis and is subject to change without notice. We hope to make this forum a permanent part of our community. Please help us meet this goal by not abusing this area."

then you know that interested people can contact you about price, etc, by internal messaging feature.

I approved the post since she didn't say she's asking $2700 for it. (But if someone is interested in buying it, then yes, that's a discussion that should happen privately.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...