Grandpa's new project

BigC

Hi Guys,

So sorry I haven't been around of late, as I said previously in the thread...The Mother in Law is comming for an extended visit (she's been at a low ebb of late) so I have to re-decorate a whole bedroom top to bottom including carpets and fittings, Upscaling all the furniture (as I dont want to have to buy everything new...Curtain poles, curtains, blinds etc etc etc..pretty much everything from scratch.  I'm working on the iron bedstead now, revamping it a little with paint etc...I have been uber busy and would love to get back to the dolls house but I have to prioritize my time of late so that is why I have been under the forum radar...Normal service will resume as soon as possible.... Image below shows some of the furniture upscaling .....Hopefully by next weekend I'll be working on the dollshouse once again......Regards C

bedroom sml drawer.jpg

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

What  a nice son-in-law you are!  I admit I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone.

:) Well I wouldn't go that far Holly....lol

Anyway, to matters in hand.... No pictures as yet but I managed to get the Quoins painted..along with the bottom cement block-work...now I'm working on the central pillars..all painted in Purbeck Stone (Farrow and Ball No.275)..Not a whole lot removed from my white sealer paint but a subtle greyish shade nonetheless. Quite apt and fits in well with the character I'm trying to create....It will surely need a light rubbing down with a very fine grit sandpaper and a second coat applied to really make it fizz.....

Purbeck Stone

• 1 month later...