Chandelier Christmas Ornaments

I was wondering if anyone has ever used any of these types Chandelier ornaments to make lighting? Their scale is a bit big but if you had high ceilings or a grand room I think they might be cute. 

Chandelier-Christmas-Ornament-Crystal-Collection-News-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

23 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I was wondering if anyone has ever used any of these types Chandelier ornaments to make lighting? Their scale is a bit big but if you had high ceilings or a grand room I think they might be cute. 

Chandelier-Christmas-Ornament-Crystal-Collection-News-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Those are really pretty. Are they online or in stores in Australia?

Nope.. on ebay.. just search Chandelier ornaments. :D Beware the scale.. some are much larger than others... I was thinking of buying that middle one and removing the crystals from the bottom to reduce the height.

10 minutes ago, fov said:

Those are cute! Haven't seen them before, but I did see a neat thing on Pinterest yesterday for making chandeliers out of fish hooks like this: http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/trokar-3x-extra-wide-gap-treble-hooks?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions

That's a neat idea. I'll have to look in my husbands lure box....when he is asleep. I bet you need deep sea lures for 1 inch scale, he has fresh water mostly. They are tiny, but would be good for small scales.

13 hours ago, Samusa said:

Nope.. on ebay.. just search Chandelier ornaments. :D Beware the scale.. some are much larger than others... I was thinking of buying that middle one and removing the crystals from the bottom to reduce the height.

That's exactly what I was going to say, take off the larger crystals and you have something much more to scale. BTW where can we find that middle one ? I love the shape!

1 hour ago, Debora59 said:

That's exactly what I was going to say, take off the larger crystals and you have something much more to scale. BTW where can we find that middle one ? I love the shape!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KURT-S-ADLER-GOLD-GLITTERED-CHANDELIER-CHRISTMAS-TREE-ORNAMENT-STYLE-2/263335348193?hash=item3d500287e1:g:91gAAOSw5dlaE0Ug

Just needs a bit of a de-glitter and some paint and presto chango.. :D 

I'm on the hunt for chandeliers. The Yellow house MUST have them, and they are all insanely expensive, including the non-electric ones. I've thought of making one, but the time and money and energy that I would spend tracking down supplies and figuring it out would probably not be worth it. There's a nice looking LED one, I think at HBS, but it's >$200, which is just insane and I refuse to pay that.

Has anyone used the acrylic chandeliers from HBS? They have rave reviews, and I don't need it to light up, but they look really, REALLY fragile. A clear, sparkly chandelier would look really lovely in the tower room, though.

I saw one made on alpha stamps using bugle beads, a couple of small rings, chain and fairy lights, I can see that the clear beads would add a lot of refraction and more light.  There is a U-Tube video showing you how to make this and it doesn't have a ton of materials that are impossible to find. I could see a lot of scope for more imagination using crystals or other beads. The link for the Alpha stamps blog it was shown on is here .  I was looking at the spiral staircase on the same page. 

170803chandelier-200.jpg

On 12/3/2017, 5:29:11, Mid-life madness said:

That's a neat idea. I'll have to look in my husbands lure box....when he is asleep. I bet you need deep sea lures for 1 inch scale, he has fresh water mostly. They are tiny, but would be good for small scales.

Never get between a man and his fishing hooks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that is awesome! If I didn't share a car with my husband, I would get me one. But he's the primary driver, and not sure how crazy he'd be about that.

When this post was first started, I bought these beaded ornaments.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/quot-Chandelier-quot-ornament-kit-makes-3-beads-wire-tinsel-stems-NEW-/162786804979?txnId=1642485723006

I opened the package yesterday, and I think it could could be modified /copied for a working chandelier. Basically the pipe cleaner provides the form for the beads. I think that the wire for lights could either be wrapped around the pipe cleaner, or around a thicker wire in place of pipe cleaner, then that would be covered by the beads. Still wouldn't be the brass chandelier others have tried to make, but would make a pretty beaded one.

• Like 1