where to buy very fine detail painting brush?

Luanne

I am looking for paiting brush that can do very fine detail, maybe just 1 strand of bristle.   Do you know where I can look? 

The smallest one I have is labelled 0/18, but it's quite big in painting stroke.  It has 20 bristles.  I am not sure if this the right way of describing it but I hope it helps. Thanks for any idea. 

http://www.michaels.com/artists-loft-roma-round-brush/M10213645.html

I am not sure if they are all still available but when I did dolls I used a Langernickle series 670 size 0  brush for eyelashes, it had very long sable hairs so it took a bit of getting used to but it would hold quite a lot of paint  I have had these a long time

Loew Cornell 455 mini liner 6/0 fairly long sable

Windsor and Newton series 7  000 shortet length

I know Royal Langernickle (German)  and Windsor and Newton  ( British)are still on the go .pictures on their site may help you. 

I did have a few single hair brushes but can't find them

I found the brushes I mentioned earlier.

The single hair liner is by Otto Lindemann a P13 and the three hair liner is also by the same  artist a P12. I have a whole set if these brushes 'some tiny detail brushes, if you need more info get back to me

I do cut brushes down, but another much cheaper alternative....use a sharpened toothpick, I like the longer ones sold for olive,cheese skewers, they're easier to hold. Keep sandpaper close by and as it gets dirty keep sanding it down to a finer and finer point. Worth a try anyway to see if it meets your needs.