Meet my special family

Thimble Hall

These are my children, Florence and Maisie, just having a quiet day.. some things you just want to share..

They are litter sisters ( I couldn't choose on the day) Florence was pushy, she is the brown and white one, she almost screamed pick me pick me as she pushed all the others away. She obviously felt very strongly she was a  Chihuahua princess and all who saw her would adore her. Maisie just sat quietly at the back wall watching the 2 litters play ,she was giving a sweet impression that she just  wanted to give a bit of love to someone and get a bit in return  and she was quietly glancing at me now and again.

The breeder allowed me to pick their official  name for registration as long as she could get her kennel name in as well. So they officially CKC  registered as    The kennel name followed by  their own names . Miss Maisie Manners and Miss Florence Prissy and they have stayed like that, Florence is still the bossy brat and Maisie is the shy sweet  one.

Do you have 4 legged babies, I would love to see them.

P1010067.JPG

• Like 5

They are darling and must give you so much joy :) The gallery has an off topic section where you can see many of our furbabies. My avatar is my boy Gibbs who we lost just after Christmas last year.  I have 2 other bassets Toby and Timmy as well as Ziva, my Maine Coon.

• Like 1

After many more years than they usually go for our #2 son's old chihuahua went to wait at the Rainbow Bridge and after letting the hole she left heal they have adopted a long-haired male chi from a shelter.  Your fur babies look very sweet; I enjoy the little girl with her dolly in her highchair.

Well fur babies I have lots of lol.  That is Wooley the donkey the neighbourhood ham.  He loves everyone.  Then Chester our basset.  Lilly Cat.  Deitz the chicken doberman, Penny the dachshund, and boss of the entire animal kingdom. Then Fiona and Wendle a sprinkling of our cattle, also named and pets.  We just lost old Tillie the grandma on Sunday.  Then there are the horses, Sunny, Midnight and Bumper.  

Jeannine your little girls are so cute.  Sarah I love bassets more than anything.  When my little herd is gone.  I plan to adopt old bassets who don't have a home, so they have a end somewhere wonderful and can be spoiled.  

fullsizeoutput_6a.jpeg

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2a.jpeg

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

• Like 6

This is my new baby....https://www.flickr.com/photos/53087107@N02/36954004743/in/dateposted-public/he is teenager now (about 6months old currently). I just thought this was a fun video.

We have 2 cats, 2 dogs, a parakeet. I did have a desert tortoise, but she escaped.

• Like 5

Awww everyone’s babies are so sweet and it makes me happy-sad. My baby died last year and it has completely broken me. She was a very naughty Jack Russell Fox Terrier cross and was the runt of the litter. It is so nice that animals are much more cared for these days and loved as part of the family.

• Like 3

What a wonderful family of bables all of you, some very wll voved one I can see. Oh the donkey, my daughter SIL and I have looked for a long time to find a bigger size property than we have here but it is impossible to find what we want which is two houses on 1 property that are newish and up to the standard of the ones we have now so we have more or less given up unless the realtor phones tomorrow ..yes..  among all the other things we all wanted my daughter  a donkey

• Like 1

Many of you may have seen my Max before: he is my ever-present "house inspector" whenever I am working on my rehab houses!  :)   His full name is Marcus Aurelius Maximus and he is now 7 (I think).  He is lord of the manor and runs the household on a strict schedule. Seriously, you can practically tell time by what he is doing each day!  Who needs an alarm clock when you've got an alarm-cat?  LOL  On the bad side of that- he still doesn't comprehend the meaning of "weekend" or "sleeping-in".  

max.jpg

• Like 3

My baby girl is my avatar, Lucy Belle. When I first adopted her she had been found in a ditch, and when she was wormed had the worst case I have ever seen! My father still jokingly refers to her as the family's ditch dog. lol She will be turning five here in December(we think), don't really know how old she is b/c of her beginnings -- but that's a fairly good guess according to the vet. I just remember thinking when I got her she was probably a German Shepherd mix, possibly some Doberman or Rottweiler in her b/c of her coloring. As it stands, after having her nearly a year we were informed by the vet there was a 99.9% probability of her being a "Coydog" -- which apparently isn't all that uncommon in this area with the amount of folks that have outside farm dogs. Seems they and the coyotes mate, and resulting pups like my girl come about! As it stands, she is going on roughly 140 lbs now, and is still bossed around a good bit by our Mini Dachshund Rocket. Biggest pup in the house, and I do believe the most gentle sweet dog I've ever had... which is really saying something b/c I've had some truly great dogs! Our other pup is another rescue, a beagle mix of sorts that showed up on our doorstep one day and never left. She hates gunshots and thunder, and we think that's what happened is someone had her and was trying to train her to hunt -- and guaranteed if there's anything that sounds like a shot Houston will be the one cowering under a table!

As for other babies of the family, there are several outdoor cats including a black and white Maine Coon -- all have been dropped or abandoned around our house, and oddly have been adopted more by our dogs than by us. lol None the less, we care for them all and they let us know they appreciate having a place to live safely and happily!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, minikelli said:

My baby girl is my avatar, Lucy Belle. When I first adopted her she had been found in a ditch, and when she was wormed had the worst case I have ever seen! My father still jokingly refers to her as the family's ditch dog. lol She will be turning five here in December(we think), don't really know how old she is b/c of her beginnings -- but that's a fairly good guess according to the vet. I just remember thinking when I got her she was probably a German Shepherd mix, possibly some Doberman or Rottweiler in her b/c of her coloring. As it stands, after having her nearly a year we were informed by the vet there was a 99.9% probability of her being a "Coydog" -- which apparently isn't all that uncommon in this area with the amount of folks that have outside farm dogs. Seems they and the coyotes mate, and resulting pups like my girl come about! As it stands, she is going on roughly 140 lbs now, and is still bossed around a good bit by our Mini Dachshund Rocket. Biggest pup in the house, and I do believe the most gentle sweet dog I've ever had... which is really saying something b/c I've had some truly great dogs! Our other pup is another rescue, a beagle mix of sorts that showed up on our doorstep one day and never left. She hates gunshots and thunder, and we think that's what happened is someone had her and was trying to train her to hunt -- and guaranteed if there's anything that sounds like a shot Houston will be the one cowering under a table!

As for other babies of the family, there are several outdoor cats including a black and white Maine Coon -- all have been dropped or abandoned around our house, and oddly have been adopted more by our dogs than by us. lol None the less, we care for them all and they let us know they appreciate having a place to live safely and happily!

I can't refuse a stray animal either. If it comes in my yard I feed it, then look for ID! My Dad tells me my house is Noah's Ark and the animals appear from the wild.

I think rescued animals make the sweetest pets even if they have some idiosyncrasies.

• Like 2

What a great thread topic! I love seeing everyone's pets - I'd love to have a farm one day and have all kinds of critters too!

Ask me about my animals and I'm like the grandma that corners you with a suitcase full of photos! I'll control myself and post only a couple here. :D

Georgie is my 9-1/2 yr old Beagle. She's a big love hound and loves to sing. Literally sing. Cinema by Benny Benassi is her favorite song and if it comes on she can't help herself.

IMG_1768.JPG

Rusty is my surprise Min Pin/Chihuahua mix grandpuppy. My son went out to buy a laptop and came home with a puppy. Long story. I can't even imaging my daily life without him. He's the world's kindest soul and at 2-1/2, he still needs a daily nap where he snuggles into the crook of my neck. I am addicted to his little sleeping puppy breaths on my neck!

IMG_1761.JPG

Woodson was an unplanned rescue. We think he is a Min Pin/Dachshund mix. He came to us when he was 12 weeks, fresh scratches and already scarred by the group of older male dogs the puppy mill had there as breeders. I think we got him just in time. He's a boat full of belly laughs, and constant love and affection have gone a really long way with his fear and trust issues. He's still a corker and I hope that never changes!

IMG_0951b.jpg

Their favorite days are spent with Russ and I on adventures in the Jeep. We head off for the forests and once we reach the logging roads each puppy takes their turn riding on Russ back and alternately in my lap. 

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

I am not a grandma to humans yet, but these babies give me all the love and purpose I could imagine!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, My Miniature Madness said:

What a great thread topic! I love seeing everyone's pets - I'd love to have a farm one day and have all kinds of critters too!

Ask me about my animals and I'm like the grandma that corners you with a suitcase full of photos! I'll control myself and post only a couple here. :D

Georgie is my 9-1/2 yr old Beagle. She's a big love hound and loves to sing. Literally sing. Cinema by Benny Benassi is her favorite song and if it comes on she can't help herself.

IMG_1768.JPG

Rusty is my surprise Min Pin/Chihuahua mix grandpuppy. My son went out to buy a laptop and came home with a puppy. Long story. I can't even imaging my daily life without him. He's the world's kindest soul and at 2-1/2, he still needs a daily nap where he snuggles into the crook of my neck. I am addicted to his little sleeping puppy breaths on my neck!

IMG_1761.JPG

Woodson was an unplanned rescue. We think he is a Min Pin/Dachshund mix. He came to us when he was 12 weeks, fresh scratches and already scarred by the group of older male dogs the puppy mill had there as breeders. I think we got him just in time. He's a boat full of belly laughs, and constant love and affection have gone a really long way with his fear and trust issues. He's still a corker and I hope that never changes!

IMG_0951b.jpg

Their favorite days are spent with Russ and I on adventures in the Jeep. We head off for the forests and once we reach the logging roads each puppy takes their turn riding on Russ back and alternately in my lap. 

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

I am not a grandma to humans yet, but these babies give me all the love and purpose I could imagine!

These guys sound like my two babies especially since i'm in the no grandchildren boat with you.

• Like 3

I love seeing everyone's furbabies.. here's mine, Cubbie and Wrigley (yes, my husband is a Chicago Cubs fan :rolleyes:) wearing the rein-dog ears. :D Merry Christmas peoples.

No they are not that well behaved, this picture was taken with a piece of cheese dangling above the camera... food bribes is where it is at in our house.. 

Wrigley, on the right, is 9 and a bit of a bitzer.. not quite sure what his mix is but he has some of the personality traits of a Staffordshire terrier and also of a Visla.. He might have some Ridgeback in him as he is much taller than a Staffy... He is our resident hunter.. we have to lock him in at night or he kills every nocturnal native animal that dares to enter the yard.. Most of them he also eats. :eek: It's quite horrifying really.. to wake up to a kill, you'd think we didn't feed him, but he's very well fed... It's so bizarre because he's a huge lover of people and dogs and loves a snuggle, it's just that terrier instinct kicks in and he can't help himself.. :( You'll all be glad to know that the lock ups have curbed his serial killer tendencies. 

Cubbie on the left is a Husky/German Shepard cross.. we like to call him our Siberian Shepherd.. :D He has a really wacky Husky personality, and is very bossy and vocal about his bossiness, he also does this thing called submissive smiling.. it's hilarious. He has two versions the "Elvis" where he only curls one side of his lip Elvis style.. and the full blown cheesy grin. He's also a snuggler and a food stealer. If any food is left out inadvertently he WILL steal it. His favourite five finger discount is Nachos..  Again, you'd think we didn't feed them.. I'm not sure it's about the food.. I think he enjoys the "hunt".. Wrigley is an outdoor traditional hunter.. Cubbie is too lazy and prefers the relatively easy hunting grounds of the kitchen. :rolleyes:

Image may contain: 1 person, dog, christmas tree, indoor and outdoor

Here's a video of him submissive smiling. Excuse the baby talking.. can't. help. it. :shy:

https://www.facebook.com/samantha.burnsmccloskey/videos/921734267870574/

Here is Annie, my third rescue beagle. She reminded me of Grandpa Munster on the Adam's Family! Today I pick her up at the hospital following the removal of her R thyroid lobe and tumor, most likely malignant. The path report will tell a lot.5a27e12ced6f0_AnniesChair.JPG.992d197206

• Like 4