Meet my special family

Thimble Hall

Lawanda, Miss Belle and The Beautiful Melody can play together while they're waiting for us.  Melody's vet's alma mater sent u a card thanking u for the donation the vet had made in Mellie's memory, which we thought was really classy.

16 hours ago, Samusa said:

Wrigley had to spend two nights at the vet with a very upset stomach.. think he may have been hunting and eaten something he shouldn't have. Thankfully, he will be alright after two days on a drip and a round of antibiotics.... Interestingly the Vet thinks that he is part Greyhound which would explain his high prey drive.... Mmmm.. lets not talk about the bill :eek:.. There goes my mini budget for the foreseeable future. Of course he is worth every penny. :D 

Poor Wrigley! It is no fun to be sick and to have to spend 2 nights away from home! And you're right about the bill - it's only money and our babies are worth every penny (though it always seems to come when you have your cc balance right where you want it)! No matter how domesticated they are that hunting instinct is always there - my floor is often littered with body parts and stuffing from many a Kong toy. I shudder to think what would happen if a real mouse or squirrel happened to wander in!

15 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Couple of weeks ago we had to send our beloved Bassett to the rainbow bridge.   Yesterday the mail we received a sympathy card from our new Vet. Whole office signed and they added Miss Belle's paw print on the card.    Yes I cried

Hugs Lawanda - It is so sad to lose them, and so hard to adjust to the huge hole their absence leaves in our lives. 

When I got my two Chihuahuas' I was wondering about dog insurance. I had had it in the past but rarely used it so it seemed like money down the drain buta t the same time I wanted some kind of back up for emergencies. I opened them a bank account and have steadfastly put $100 in their account on the first of every month. I had them spayed, shots etc but paid for that as the insurance doesn't cover it anyway .I haven't had to use any of it so far so they have $4000 and something in their account now so I have a bit of a back up now.

14 hours ago, Jeannine said:

When I got my two Chihuahuas' I was wondering about dog insurance. I had had it in the past but rarely used it so it seemed like money down the drain buta t the same time I wanted some kind of back up for emergencies. I opened them a bank account and have steadfastly put $100 in their account on the first of every month. I had them spayed, shots etc but paid for that as the insurance doesn't cover it anyway .I haven't had to use any of it so far so they have $4000 and something in their account now so I have a bit of a back up now.

I found that in adopting rescue beagles, I couldn't go without insurance if I wanted to be able to provide all that they needed. Our 1st, little Abbie developed a tumor in a blood vessel. That set us back! With our second, Maggie Mae, she developed renal disease after 6 mos. Every claim paid by insurance. Our third little beagle Annie was found to have thyroid cancer on routine exam. She has had all testing, surgery and starts chemo Wednesday. Again insurance covering claims. (Surgery alone $4,000). Claims were covered because they did not have these conditions as pre existing.

Totally depends on one's situation. With rescue dogs, their history is generally not known.

• Like 1