garfield surgery

jl

52 minutes ago, Inge said:

Nope, didn't split it between floors.  I just cut the whole right section off so I could get it thru the door. lol

Inge, John doesn't want to split it to move it, he wants to make it four floors tall instead of three.

I can see why what she did would make the most sense....the floor height difference in that section would make simply separating the 1st and 2nd floors rather difficult.  Perhaps it could be done in 3 sections?

1 hour ago, Jeannine said:

Why won't it go through a door, am I missing something here..the size is 42 x30 x40,.. Is the size of the house described as wrong, is it wider than the box says?? I am worried now

It was a tight fit when I moved mine.  I also had to move it downstairs to my basement at my new house.  It  was very awkward to get it low enough not to bump the ceiling even with the tower roof off.  I believe it says in the directions that you should measure doorways before building it.  That being said, I think the era of the house has a lot of impact on the width of the doors.  The doors on my modern condo were a few inches wider than my 1968 townhouse.

Holly, just so you know, the last time I was wrong was in l986! Puleeeese! Thanks for acknowledging that I was right. lol. I'm just kidding!!!

Hey John! You can always check out my album, I think it's about page 3 where I show where I cut it. It took me a month or two of staring at the house which I had dry fit, to figure out where to cut it.  The BIGGEST problem is all the windows. Then if there weren't windows, there were French doors!

When I was ready to do baseboards and crown mouldings, all I did was LIGHTLY glue the tabs to hold the two sectionst in place.  I made sure I cut the crown mouldings or baseboards (whichever applied) in sections so it could be removed where the tabs were.  The next hurdle was the roof, putting on the shingles, as the pieces can't all be glued together.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1