Removing Photos from Response Posts -- please do

KathieB

A suggestion regarding forum housekeeping:

I've noticed recently that there have been a number of posts in various forums that include multiple or extremely large photos. And the responses to the post also contain the photo or photos, which isn't really necessary, is it? Not much point in taking up excess bandwidth when the original image is easily available, never mind the necessity of scrolling past all those images several times when following the thread.

When quoting a post with images, click on the image to highlight it and hit delete. The image will be gone but the text of the original message will remain. 

<hanging up the dustpan and bench brush now> :D 

• Like 2

Not sure why my quote was used as an example (without giving me credit for it) but I use a cell phone and don’t have all of the editing tools available on a computer. Bandwidth is never a problem on a cell so I was unaware that this was an issue. Kathie, thanks for pointing it out.

5 hours ago, Sable said:

by highlighting a quote it doesn’t name the person who wrote it. 

Yes, it does. I highlighted the above words in your post and the resulting quote named you as the author 

4 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I wonder if the quote feature works differently on different devices?

The normal way doesn’t but it seems martinimamma’s way does matter based on the device. She deleted the post so the instruction on how to do it on a computer is gone.