First Room Box

MiniMaven

Been pressed for time lately and decided to try my hand at my first room box for a quick victory and something new. Just wondering if there is anything special I should know, common mistakes to avoid? It seems pretty straight forward, but those are usually the projects I screw up on the most. Thanks in advance! :cucumber:

I would say it depends on the room box. Is it a kit or are you constructing yourself? If you tell us the kit it's likely someone here has done it and can help. Same case if you're constructing it yourself depending on the material you're using. More info please...

My first project was a room box I bought from Hobby Lobby

I recommend that you cut out any doors or windows before it is assembled....I had some Opps and boo boo's so to speak while cutting, but you can fix a lot things with filler and spackle.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2017, 12:02:21, Mid-life madness said:

I love how you did the wallpaper on top and the paint on the bottom with the trim separation! 

I recommend that you cut out any doors or windows before it is assembled....I had some Opps and boo boo's so to speak while cutting, but you can fix a lot things with filler and spackle.

On 12/13/2017, 12:02:21, Mid-life madness said:

Hi guys, here is the one I chose. 

• Like 1

This appears to be the Houseworks Basic Room Box. It looks thicker in the photos, because of the trim on the front. It is actually 1/8" luan plywood. There are no tabs, slots or grooves to help you align it, so I recommend having weights, tape and good wood glue. Weigh down any warped pieces and tape while the glue is setting and you should be A-Okay! Good luck and have fun! 

• Like 1