Am I being too picky???

Mineejv

I bought the left curve staircase last week with some other things. When going though the box that the staircase was in,that was in its own box that looked like the box was a return ( you could see the labels were cut out )   The staircase has a few bad spots (4). I'm unhappy with the way it looks. Am I being too ( picky ) or should I just keep it and see if I can fix it ? I'm a little OCD. What would you do?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You could paint it after making fills & repairs, or you could return it to the seller and request a refund for the stair (and the postage to return it), pointing out the condition it was in when you received it (including the cut out labels).  Was it sold as mint condition/ NIB?

For the price of curved stairs, I would expect them to be near perfect. I would be disappointed too. I don't think you are being too picky.

If you bought it from a private seller I would think they would want to show you any blemishes up front.

Was it from a Hobby Store where new goods are sold? I would be really irritated in that case.

Either way, if your not happy, seek a resolution.

It would depend on whether or not I planned on painting the stairs. If so a little spackle and sanding isn't that big of a deal. But if I had planned on staining them I might have to think about that a little longer.

Unless I purchased it knowing it had defects, I find the condition of the stairs terrible. If sellers get away with this, they will keep doing it. If you bought these as stairs in good or new condition, they certainly are not. I would definitely contact seller to see what options he offers.

Agreed.. Those stairs are in terrible condition. I wouldn't be happy if I bought what was described as new and got these. I have had plenty of things arrive damaged, inside their original boxes though.. from big dollhouse stores too. I assume they just pick things off their shelves and don't check for damage before they ship things out. Not great quality control. Most are good about it and send a replacement or refund but it's just annoying in general and as shipping to Australia takes so long and is so expensive I really get annoyed when it happens. If I can fix the item myself now I do.. it's just too much hassle to wait for a replacement.

I guess I should of said were I bought them from Hobby Builders Supply. The thing is I'm sending in my pictures for the contest not sure if it's a good time?  I'm going to stain them so I don't think I can fill them in. Thanks for the input...

Definitely contact them. I have had good experiences with their customer service for issues like this. (Granted, the specific time I'm remembering that I returned a damaged item to them was almost 20 years ago! But I don't think they've changed, I've always been satisfied with their customer service.)

So disappointing when  this happens! I've had awesome experiences with HBS. I received a broken item and they sent a replacement to me Priority Mail 2 Day. I've had items sent to me by mistake too and they've told me to keep them with their complements. The Christmas lights were like $24 too! I think you'll be pleased with how they help you. 

I also agree with the option of contacting HBS and say what happened. I wouldn't keep the stairs this way, they are very expensive and the least we should expect is a well done product. I think HBS will help you with this because I also have had great customer service experience with them. 

• 9 months later...