1:24 Scale & 1:144 Scale Lighting: How?

It never really occurred to me, but I just realized after I read the Finishing Sequence that I'm going to need to install the Lights after I get the Shell built on my micro dollhouse and my half scale dollhouse. The half scale at least seams to have the correct scale lights, but how do I power them? Is it with Full scale tapewire?

And what about my 1:144 Scale Dollhouse: how do I put lights in it?

I'm going to need to know fairly quickly if I'm going to put lights in both of my micro dollhouses because the sides and front is up in one. and the other is coming along quite quickly. I LOVE LASER CUT! It has been so Easy to build.

So: Help!

If you just want a few overhead lights you might think of  Evens Designs, using LED battery lights, they do come in transformer options also but the battery seems like it would be better for a micro.  The link above is on a page that has some tutorials for lighting minis, they specialize in model railways so it is the right size! I saw some that used an overhead room led light just using the bulb, and some with just a small clear bubble on it to make it look like a fixture.  That way you wouldn't be running so ,much wire and tape there is a lot of information on the web site but it is sometimes hard to locate.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

If you just want a few overhead lights you might think of  Evens Designs, using LED battery lights, they do come in transformer options also but the battery seems like it would be better for a micro.  The link above is on a page that has some tutorials for lighting minis, they specialize in model railways so it is the right size! I saw some that used an overhead room led light just using the bulb, and some with just a small clear bubble on it to make it look like a fixture.  That way you wouldn't be running so ,much wire and tape there is a lot of information on the web site but it is sometimes hard to locate.  

You are a LIFESAVER! The link you provided even has videos on how to install the lighting in a Micro Dollhouse. As well as how to create a 1:144 Scale Chandelier!

• Like 1

Hi Drea.  I have built a lot in the 1:144 scale, and have added lights to many of them. I use the tiny lights from Evans Designs, mentioned above, with the coin batteries. They have tutorials and will also answer the phone if you need help. This is my Georgian townhouse which is lit up using those lights. 

Georgian Townhouse

There are more micro houses in my gallery, but most are not lighted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

Hi Drea.  I have built a lot in the 1:144 scale, and have added lights to many of them. I use the tiny lights from Evans Designs, mentioned above, with the coin batteries. They have tutorials and will also answer the phone if you need help. This is my Georgian townhouse which is lit up using those lights. 

I did forget to mention that they are very good on the phone, will answer questions and point you in the right direction.  I called to see if they would add on something and he said he was going to call because I had checked off the wrong voltage in my order if I wanted to use batteries, we got it all fixed over the phone.  This is how I am going to light my stump fairy house using double A batteries, but for a mini a coin battery may be a better option,  There are so many options including on off switches that you can hide in a rock or bushes and even remote control.

• Like 2

I have had the easiest time using Evans design lights for 1:48 lighting - this is their website: https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/lightsforminis.html

I watched their videos, and I was able to do it - HURRAY! I like the 1.8mm lights for 1:48 in soft white. They have tiny chip lights - things get so tiny for 144! Also, the folks at modeltrainsoftware (the Evans people) are sooooo nice with advice and help. They will help you.

I got the starter set - all wired up and with a battery and switch, etc - 5 lights - for $9.99. Totally worth it for all the help they provided. And now I LOVE lights in my quarter scale.

here is link to the package - it can get you started with the right questions, at least - good luck! Lighting tiny minis is great!

https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/doll-house-lights.html

• Like 1

On 12/13/2017, 8:42:00, HalfScaleDollhouseLOVER said:

And the 1:24 Scale?

Do I simply use the same thing that a 1:12 Scale Dollhouse uses, but switch the lights to half scale?

Thank you all!

You definitely can.  I used regular tape wire for mine, with half-scale lights. You can also buy grain of rice bulbs and make your own light fixtures, if you can't find exactly what you want out there.

• Like 1