What's Considered Your First Dollhouse?

Hello Everyone!

I've been so happy to join this welcoming group, and I have yet another question for the Members:

I'm working on my Laser Cut Micro Victorian Dollhouse, but might start a half scale Dollhouse (either my Fairfield or RGT Bungalow), and I'm sort of wondering will my First Dollhouse be whichever one I complete first?

Like I said I am a little curious because I am loving the way this Laser Cut is coming together, but I will be stopping to put lights in my 1:144 Scale Dollhouse, and since this is not very common, I might end up finishing a larger house more quickly.

• Like 1

I think the one you started first will be your First Doll House and the one that gets finish first will be your First Finished Doll House. 

The doll house police don't pay a lot of attention to this law. :D 

• Like 4

Wow! You are jumping into the mini world with both feet!  LOL  You've got a lot going - but yes, the one you started first will always be your First Dollhouse.  :)    And do they ever actually get finished?  My own houses never seem to be finished-only the ones I rehab for other people get done! :doh:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

I only paid 15.00 for the kit at a garage sale in SOCA so I couldn't be too upset.

It's not so much the cost of the kit as it is the investment of time, effort, energy, and furnishings! 

• Like 1

My first dollhouse was the Arthur.  I made it when I was around ten.  Then I made the Rutherford when I was 18.  They are still at my mom's house, but I hope to someday add them both to my collection.  I, especially, loved the Rutherford.  I was sad that it was discontinued.

• Like 1

For me...I'm new to the dollshouse scene...My first dolls house will be for my grand daughter...good enough reason I suppose lol.. A Georgian Town House is keeping all my creative juices flowing at the moment.... :)

• Like 2