An interesting turn of events

SewMini

The problem with “as is” clauses is that a mortgage company won’t allow it. You can really only do this with a cash buyer. However, you can buy a one year warranty package which will cover everything within the first year. I think they are roughly $500. That usually shuts them up.

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

The truth is, though, we do need to sell and quickly.

Have you thought of going through reseller like Offerpad? Or Opendoor? They charge a couple percent more than a realtor, but for somebody in need of a quick sale, it seems like a good way to go, worth the slightly extra cost.

11 hours ago, Sable said:

The problem with “as is” clauses is that a mortgage company won’t allow it. You can really only do this with a cash buyer. However, you can buy a one year warranty package which will cover everything within the first year. I think they are roughly $500. That usually shuts them up.

I dont mean a true as is clause in that we wouldnt pay for inspection or ANY repairs. There has been an inspection and we are crediting them for repairs. It’s more that once we pay them, we want that to be the end of it. They know what other issues there are and have chosen not to ask for those to be repaired or looked into. We want ro make sure this is a blanket payment and not tied to anything specific. We have also already dropped our price 10,000. At the end of the day, they will be getting it for 16,500 off asking. That’s more than enough in my book.

Did your agent suggest that you buy a home warranty for the house? They usually are for one year and cover repairs once the home is inspected? The buyer has the option to renew the warranty after a year at their cost. Kinda like extended car warranty. It is a good selling feature, for older homes. They are pretty reasonable.

1 minute ago, Mid-life madness said:

Did your agent suggest that you buy a home warranty for the house? They usually are for one year and cover repairs once the home is inspected? The buyer has the option to renew the warranty after a year at their cost. Kinda like extended car warranty. It is a good selling feature, for older homes. They are pretty reasonable.

Those typically only cover major appliances. I'm not sure if they would cover a failure of the waterproofing system. Usually insurance companies don't want anything to do with that stuff and that's the largest concern for them outside of the windows and electrical.

• Like 1

Look into it. Ours covered the appliances. They only thing I remember being specifically excluded was the swimming pool. I know we live live in different areas, no basements out here, but if these buyers fall through, it might help next time. I read you blog, and the house looks gorgeous!

9 minutes ago, SewMini said:

Good gracious! They are going through with the purchase! Huzzah! Not for them, more for my house. These people can eat rocks lol

I had missed a few posts so didn't know of the drama surrounding the sale. Well done, I hate picky buyers :p 

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to pop in and finally give an update. Sorry it's been so long!

We made it to Denmark two weeks ago and have now settled in. Getting here was quite the circus as we had to wrangle 6 bags and 3 animal crates to and from the airports. Oy that was such a task. We all survived though and made it to our new home!

We brought some lovely weather over with us and it has been beautiful here since we arrived. I'm still getting used to the amount of sunlight they get here in the summer. The sun it up at 3:45 and doesn't set until about 10:30. It stays light until a little past 11. Sooo that's been an adjustment. I'll have to do the reverse in winter so I'm trying to soak up all the sun I can now.

Our stuff has made it to Germany. We're not totally sure when it will get here. I'm thinking we wont be able to get it until after we get back from Russia so mid July. That said, cleaning the house has been REALLY easy since we only have a couple things. 

Maya is settling in well. We got to visit her new school today and she loved it. She was so excited to find out that they'll let her attend for the last two weeks of the year. I think she's ready to see someone other than me :D

As for me, I'm doing good and getting into a routine. I still basically know no Danish but I'm picking up words here and there. The biggest problem is that nothing is pronounced the way it is spelled so I always have to listen to the Google translate app when I find a new word. Even Maya's school was difficult. She'll be going to Vadgård Skole which is pronounced Vel-goh(l) Skool. :|

I really miss doing all my minis. It is also a vertiable hobby store desert here. There is one called Panduro but it really doesn't have what I need. I'd give a kidney for a Michael's. I'm thinking I'm going to have to learn how to order online very quickly. I finally got a bike though so now I will be able to get out and explore some so that's fun. I hope all is well! I plan on being around now that I'm settled.

• Like 3

Hi Miranda ,

So excited to live through your communications on moving to another country. You'll become an expert with on line shopping I'm sure . One thing I found is you'll have to spend a little to save those shipping costs. What an exciting time . Have loads of fun.

Welcome to (almost) over jere, kust Carlsson the bridge and an our or so. Panduro is the craft store chainaround here, not very much for mini-ing though apart from the basics of glued and paints, but there are other opportunities. When you want to venture over to Malmoe, I can tell a few other sources as in artist materials, quilting fnrica and stuff like that. There Will be a great New two day mini show in Mariager this coming fall. Albeit a bit to Travel from Copenhagen but...

Welcome back, Miranda! and so glad you all made it without incident.  Is the trip to Russia business or pleasure?  (Note:  Do we have any Russian members?  I can't remember)

Ooh and it's run by Birthe Kunt. I'm in her facebook group. That looks like fun! I need to figure out how best to get to Jutland. I'm close to Copenhagen so it's admittedly a hike for me. I think I'd have to fly to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

@havanaholly, Russia is for pleasure. We're huge football fans so we got tickets for the World Cup. We're seeing a match in St. Petersburg and then taking the sleeper train from there to Moscow for a couple days. It will hopefully be fun!

I did find an art supply store yesterday in downtown Copenhagen called Stelling that has everything I need. It's just a bummer that it's all the way in the city. It's actually pretty easy to get to but I'll miss having a Joann's and Michael's just 15 minutes away. I'm too impatient! None of the hardware stores near me have what I need. That said, I never need a good reason to head into the city. I mean I GUESS I'll go to the shopping district if I HAAAAAAVE to ;)

Birthe is a great organiserad and has been doing shows earlier too, but this is the first on this venue have been o a jatus for a while doing shows as I gather. A friend of mine is also doing her bit "round g up" Swedish miniaturiats as participants and I Love their work too. Not sure if I Will be able to go there yet (6hours trip one way) as it might Collider with a vacation trip, we'll see how that turns out over the next couple of weeks. Otherwise it might be that MiL and i Will go for a weekend trip and stay over night arriving late Friday evening, maybe... 

So happy and excited for you.  Nothing but good vibes coming your way.  I would struggle big time with words not sounding like they are spelled. 

There is sooo much world out there, you make me feel sheltered but I love hearing about your travel and adventures.