Fairfield Electrical Wiring

dollhousebeth

Good morning everyone!  It's been quite awhile since I've been here.  I had picked up a little Fairfield and had started rehabbing it a few years ago.  Real life got in the way and it's been way too long since I've worked on it.  I recently pulled it back out and am now starting to work on it again.  My question is this:  has anyone who has made the Fairfield used tapewire, and if so, how did you figure it all out?  I'm afraid if I put the Fairfield together there will be areas I won't be able to get my hands into to put the tapewire, let alone wallpaper. :dunno:  Any advice would be so appreciated.

• Like 1

I have dry fitted it several times.  I was just looking to see if anyone else has used the tapewire and if they had any helpful tips.  Thanks fov...I'm going to check that out now.

Thank you fov...that was very helpful.  I also read your post on the furniture.  I, too, blocked out the door in the kitchen to make more wall space!  I then checked out the gallery...your Fairfield is wonderful.  I saw several others that other members have done...what a talented and creative group!  Thank you again!

Edited by dollhousebeth

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beth. I have wired my Fairfield with roundwire, it's quite easy to hide the wiring inside the chimney subassembly and under the staircase. I'm not sure how I'd go about wiring this house with tape, the problem is I imagine the configuration of this structure will make it quite a pain to reach some areas after assembly. Perhaps you might manage to run the tape trough gaps in between the ceilling and walls, but better test this in dry fit beforehand. Try the wall sections on the side of the fireplace, it might also help to run the tape under the doors to reach the left side of the house.