Christmas Wishes

Since it's late afternoon here and I'm about to have my keyboard locked away (17:43) I'll take this last opportunity to wish you all the very best on this Christmas Eve. However you celebrate have the best of times (Thanks Chas!) and a peaceful and happy holiday. 

I'll probably see everyone presents when Santa drops by but I promise not to snitch! 

Have lots of fun!

Hey Mike.. Merry Christmas to you and yours...I hope to be conversing with you a lot on the forum as time goes by...I live in awe of your creations and finishes...as I aspire to finish this Georgian Terrace build for my Grand Daughter

Best Wishes

C

*grumble grumble grumble* Christmas! Apparently I have been born without the gene that allows people to wrap presents and make them look presentable. There is too much paper or there is too little paper (in which case I have to splice wrapping paper together) and in either event, my packages look like something your first grader might have done at school with torn and crinkled tissue and twenty yards of ribbon. I did the wrapping on my bed using a road atlas as a flat space and and cut Michigan up at one point when I cut the paper. It is also not helpful when you admire the nicest box you wrapped and then remember that you forgot to put the present inside of it.

However, with all the presents lined up and waiting to go and my room finally clean and a kitchen sink that I can finally see the bottom of, the Christmas spirit has finally come upon me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!

PS The stupid centering button doesn't work.

• Like 3

Well it's already Christmas morning here in the future. I'm working a 12 hour shift today so bah humbug to me but I hope you all have the Merriest of days and a safe & Happy New Year!

3 hours ago, MikeUK said:

I'll probably see everyone presents when Santa drops by but I promise not to snitch! 

Have lots of fun!

I saw them first!:drool:

Merry Christmas everyone!  I am at my brothers for the weekend, long drive in difficult weather, snow, freezing rain and rain, took almost 8 hours.  We have been having a great time cooking, making Christmas breads from recipes in our family, the sugar plum tree for Christmas eve, the poinsettia bread for Christmas and cinnamon rolls, painted sugar cookie cutouts, like the ones we did as kids, with Mikes kids doing  the painting!  Mike and I always cook well together.

I retired a year ago in July, it is nice not to work 12 night shifts for holidays anymore but get to be with family.  I feel your grumbling Samantha, and hope your work time goes quickly!

Got to get back to wrapping!

Merry Merry to everyone.

These are my favorite gifts every year. They annoy the 'you know what' out of me all the time. but they do pretty good when I am not around. I just ask them not to break my heart.

This is all I want from them.

!. Don't go to jail

2. Graduate high school

3. don't get pregnant or get someone pregnant until you are married.....so far so good. My daughter is in college, and one boy is set to graduate this spring. The boy in the middle is the youngest. I've got people praying for him. He is still goofy and impulsive. Hopefully I can relax in 2 years.

rsz_rsz_rsz_1rsz_img_5177_copyabcd.jpg.1

Wishing You all a wonderful, peaceful holiday with many blessings from the season.

• Like 1

Just back from my sister's, where we celebrated the 2nd birthday of our Christmas Eve angel. It was a real hoot. Two years old would rather play with the balloons than open presents, but in time she figured out that the effort she put into ripping paper resulted in something wonderful for her. 

Tomorrow I'll be with the same family for Christmas. I suspect Miss Two will have learned her lesson and be ready to shred paper like a hamster. :D 

Merry Christmas to all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I sure hope someone takes a video of Miss Two in full paper shredding frenzy!

I didn't have my camera with me at the birthday bash, but I will take it along today, for sure. You can see some photos of the birthday party on my Facebook page, posted by her dad and my brother. I don't believe you need to be a member of FB to see these.

On 24/12/2017, 18:09:46, Elsbeth said:

Mike do you do up a plum pudding? I did! lol - it is so dickensian looking. No beef suet in mine, tho. Happy Christmas!

Love it! and we're very Dickensian here.....................Throw another lump on the fire dear it is Christmas!

Actually if I said that to Rosemary it would hit me rather than the fire!

On 24/12/2017, 19:13:14, BigC said:

Hey Mike.. Merry Christmas to you and yours...I hope to be conversing with you a lot on the forum as time goes by...I live in awe of your creations and finishes...as I aspire to finish this Georgian Terrace build for my Grand Daughter

Best Wishes

C

You've a lucky Grand Daughter Colin........She will love it to bits!

On 24/12/2017, 20:25:10, rodentraiser said:

*grumble grumble grumble* Christmas! Apparently I have been born without the gene that allows people to wrap presents and make them look presentable. There is too much paper or there is too little paper (in which case I have to splice wrapping paper together) and in either event, my packages look like something your first grader might have done at school with torn and crinkled tissue and twenty yards of ribbon. I did the wrapping on my bed using a road atlas as a flat space and and cut Michigan up at one point when I cut the paper. It is also not helpful when you admire the nicest box you wrapped and then remember that you forgot to put the present inside of it.

However, with all the presents lined up and waiting to go and my room finally clean and a kitchen sink that I can finally see the bottom of, the Christmas spirit has finally come upon me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!

PS The stupid centering button doesn't work.

Must have been fishing in the same 'gene pool' Kelly. I am so glad someone invented Gift Bags!