Miniatures from Paris Trip

SewMini

We are currently in Paris with friends and I convinced the crew to stop into a miniature shop here in the city. It’s French name is Jou Joux but it appears to also go by Miniature World. Everything was very reasonably priced and I picked up some really great pieces!

The shop is in Passage du Jouffroy which is in the 9th arrondissment near things like the Opera house and not terribly far from the Louvre. It is an old indoor “Galerie” of shops in between two buildings. I never would have found it if it hadnt been for Google. As luck would have it, the shop was just a few minutes down the road from where we met a Parisian friend for lunch. Good news because it was pouring rain!

27600503429_bf75c4c4e0_b.jpg27600503989_904160481b_b.jpg

Here is a lovely flower arrangement I got

38669364044_45c5907f58_b.jpg

A set of vases and a platter

39377301911_df671e55f5_b.jpg

A wonderful dresser that just needs painting

27600502409_65a0b85fed_b.jpg

Two sets of portraits to hang on the walls

25508070588_565ca47fd2_b.jpg25508070468_ba78afec40_b.jpg

A sweet mama bird with her eggs for outside a window.

39377305811_a00ba0ed6a_b.jpg

I had such a fun time picking everything out and look forward to getting it in the house!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sable said:

I was in that shop two years ago. At that time the selection was very limited. I was very disappointed. Glad to see the expanded inventory. 

Me too Sable as that was the impression I got too,  and by the Looks from the photos it has changed. And for the ones who might take the red bus Tours' there is a bus stop kust outside the entrqnce too :) 

Oh my, so much to choose from, how did you make it out with your wallet intact! :eek:

That Bombe Chest is wonderful and the teeny birdie, so cute! Can't wait to see all of these wonderful purchases in the house. The best part is, when you show people your house and they say, where did you get those cute vases.. you can say, "oh I got those in Paris". :D 

22 hours ago, Samusa said:

The best part is, when you show people your house and they say, where did you get those cute vases.. you can say, "oh I got those in Paris". :D 

What actually made me think to even look for a shop is that Paris is totally somewhere my homeowner, Gabrielle, would go to on a trip and get stuff. I thought, “Well I’ve brought back things from trips, so should she!” How fun will it be to say “she got those in Paris...No, really, She got them in Paris” :D

I almost got a vanity desk that has the middle section that lifts up yo reveal a mirror but I just kept looking at the dresser and loving it. I had to choose and finally went for that. It was about 10€ more but so worth it. Im thinking of finishing it with a french white paint and a brown wash. What do you think?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

...the dresser...thinking of finishing it with a french white paint and a brown wash. What do you think?

I think big cabbage roses painted on the drawers would look good with that.

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

What actually made me think to even look for a shop is that Paris is totally somewhere my homeowner, Gabrielle, would go to on a trip and get stuff. I thought, “Well I’ve brought back things from trips, so should she!” How fun will it be to say “she got those in Paris...No, really, She got them in Paris” :D

I almost got a vanity desk that has the middle section that lifts up yo reveal a mirror but I just kept looking at the dresser and loving it. I had to choose and finally went for that. It was about 10€ more but so worth it. Im thinking of finishing it with a french white paint and a brown wash. What do you think?

Yes, she did! :french:

What is the look you are going for? Is it a distressed chalky look like this?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjcuorh6nywW6NBxEUTpOLp0R78GfrkH5DJwNunPCxX7GGaU6HMqt-jRt9Cw

Advice to Colin....Stay away from Paris..hahahha.

I fear when the time comes my wallet would empty very quickly.....

beautiful array of miniatures, I hope you had a great time, bet you were in there for hours :)

We have the exact same full sized dresser in our interior design shop..priced at 0000's must get you a picture of it.

23 hours ago, Samusa said:

Yes, she did! :french:

What is the look you are going for? Is it a distressed chalky look like this?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjcuorh6nywW6NBxEUTpOLp0R78GfrkH5DJwNunPCxX7GGaU6HMqt-jRt9Cw

Yes! I think something like that and maybe even with a few “rubbed off” lines of gold? 

5 hours ago, Debora59 said:

Good to know about these shops we are going to France in September!

So are we! Well, that’s the plan for now. It could be later.

FYI if you are hunting miniatures, there are also beautiful little miniature theatre sets in L’Opera Garnier (which is for the record stunningly beautiful).

• 8 months later...
30 minutes ago, Sable said:

I arrived in Strasbourg, France this evening. While walking around I found a shop with antique dollhouse items in the window. It will be my first stop in the morning. 

I hope they let you take pictures!

• Like 2