Proud owner of a Hofco Victorian shell...

itslittlewonder

Saw this sitting in the Salvation Army window for months and hubby grabbed it for me for Christmas.  Very excited but kind of freaking out now because it came with nothing so I need to build lots of it (porch and roof of Middle section)  plus everything else it needs. I have never built before even though this is house #9 plus 1 kit. I guess I’m a collector at this point lol.   Where should I start? 

BEADBB5A-18E8-4F92-BF1D-FD83DACDC559.jpeg

• Like 1

Well I would leave the railings until last as you will just break them off as you work on other things. It seems the Hofco Victorian had another balcony replicating the first level one on the second level. Not sure what happened to yours. You could either construct another one or make a veranda roof for the first floor instead. I would consider building a foundation for this house. It looks a little squat as is. But maybe not looking at the picture below. The Mansard roof shouldn't be too hard to fashion. It looks like the tower is square so just four tapered pieces of wood all the same size and a flat squar top. Trim and shingles will take care of any minor booboos. Measure your window openings and see if you can find premade Victorian windows fit.

Image result for hofco victorian dollhouse

Maybe you could borrow a book from the library on dollhouse decorating. There are a few out there and they will give you all sorts of ideas as well as information on how to do things and in what order. It could be a stunning house when you are done. Good luck with the progress and have fun!

• Like 1