Hello from the New Hampshire Seacoast!

mcamp

Hello Everyone!

It's so nice to meet you all! I just got a Willow for Christmas, which will be my very first build. This is exciting! I am thankful to be part of this community and will definitely take advantage of everyone's expertise.

Thank you for making me feel welcome!

-Melissa

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

Welcome to the forum, Melissa. Do you have a vision/back story for the Willow or will you listen to what it tells you as you build?

Hi Kathie,

Great question! I will listen to my house as I go. That always works best for me during the creative process. Thanks for the warm welcome!

-Melissa

• Like 1

On 12/30/2017, 10:44:02, Jeannine said:

Welcome from Canada, New Hampshire has a lovely ring to it, is it as pretty as it sounds?

Yes, Jeannine, I love NH. I grew up in Massachusetts and we used to go camping in NH as a child. I moved here in 1984 and have never regretted it. I live in Southern NH and can get to Boston, Lakes, Mountains and seacoast in +/- 1 hour. 

• Like 2

That wouldn't be a stretch from Attleboro, MA, then back to 95 North to Maine,  Just an hour and a half, then just almost 5 hours back to my home, only an hour difference total to the store and back to my route.  Guess I will have to plan on it next time I go down, first visit to a miniature store!

My biggest regret after coming to Canada was that we  didn't see enough of the US, we had a summer home in Washington for years and spent lots of time in trips to Oregon, a little of California and a bit of Nevada but we never drove further than that. Some of the states seen to call me and it is too late now. We always planned on buying a big rig when John retired and taking off for a few months, but it didn't work out that way, and I sure couldn't do it alone..

On 12/30/2017, 10:44:02, Jeannine said:

Welcome from Canada, New Hampshire has a lovely ring to it, is it as pretty as it sounds?

Thanks for the welcome, Jeannine! New Hampshire is beautiful, especially the Seacoast area. However, I must admit that I am more of a warm weather girl, but I am always appreciative of the beauty here.

-Melissa

Holly I would not want to do it alone actually, the joy is not there for me without John to share it with. He was a kite flyer and wanted to tour all the kite shows. guess who made the 32 foot wing span kites !!! I wanted to see the different types of communities, not the area so much as the folks and their traditions eg compare New York city to New Orleans and I am certain there would be many such variations. I wanted to shop in the food malls and eat the local food .Hearing the state names it conquers up visions of what I may expect to see. I could be dead wrong but it still sound interesting  the  best I could do now would be  to fly in but it wouldn't be  the same. I didn't want fancy hotels I wanted to see the grass roots of a place and the folks that lived there , you have to be driving to see that I think.

Melissa I love the coast, I would have great fun on the beaches, not sunbathing but looking under rocks, checking out the local clams etc. I have always lived within half an hour of the ocean, it sort of draws me.

I would like  to go to quilt country. I would like to go to services at many different churches..all that sort of stuff and of course  see the local crafts.  Dreams !!

• Like 1