Hello old friends!

abloom

... and new friends, can't wait to meet you! I'm back after about 4 years away from the dollhouse world. I was in the middle of my first dollhouse, the Gothic Orchid, when life interrupted everything. A death in the family, moving to a new state and a new house needing a lot of real-life renovation, a new career (well, a retirement job as a substitute teacher) and other twists and turns have kept me otherwise occupied. But last summer I finally unearthed my unfinished Orchid, just couldn't resist playing a little, rearranging this and that, and all the old enchantment flooded over me. To my amazement, I figured out the thorny problem of electrifying her after she was all glued together and decorated, got the roof and chimney done, and a tiny bit of landscaping, and she's finished! One reason I really wanted to complete this project that has meant so much to me is that I want to start another dollhouse. When we moved, I found an old Willow kit in the basement. It was a Christmas present to my daughter years ago but never got built, and it looked like it was water damaged. I opened it up and I think it's ok; only the edges of wood got wet. Anyway, as houses go, Colonials are not a style I'm that interested in, but I felt like I should not waste that kit and spend money on something else. Then I thought about making it into an old tavern and inn from the 1700s, and now I have a zillion ideas for it! So I'll be looking for your advice and opinions as I get going on that project. In the mean time, happy new year, and best wishes for all of your miniature projects in 2018!

5a4ba6549b610_GothicOrchid2.thumb.jpg.87

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back and nice to meet you! This Orchid is very lovely. I'm building an Orchid myself and it's always nice to see how folks put their personal spin on a particular house. Looking forward to seeing things as they come along, Andrea :)