Beacon Hill base/foundation question

Squig

I’m just starting on the Beacon Hill and I have a good portion of the walls up. I’m concerned about the base however, it was the first step in the assembly and all that is supporting it underneath is the “T” shape pieces I glued under there. Is there more support coming later in the build? I keep wanting to glue some more pieces down there so it’s more stable on the corners. 

Thank you!

There's nothing more to come in the kit itself. Once the house is completely assembled and glued, you'll find it quite sturdy. You can always glue pieces of 1x2s or similar in strategic places if you feel a need.

I like to reinforce the foundations on my houses (even in half scale). I find it makes the house more dimensionally stable. But as KathieB said, once you add walls, etc the house will be solid and sturdy. :D 

Hi there, I'm also currently building a Beacon Hill but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "more support later". I know it can look a bit flimsy at the start, and trying to glue that mid section portion to the base can be a bit tricky so I recomend you first make sure that is well glued and dried in place before you lay down the structure. I've been following the instructions to the T and so far didn't run into any problems. Also keep in mind that until you add the foundations to the bay windows and porch the structure might feel a bit wonky at the front sections. While I was working on the tower I placed a box under the porch to temporarily reinforce the foundation. That way I could apply extra pressure on the structure without risking warping or damage to the base. I have resisted the urge to glue portions to the structure until I'm sure I won't need to access these areas later, from the experiences I've read I think it's for the best. Rest assured that after everything is assembled the structure will be sturdy and stable, so take your time and have fun decorating ;)

Thank you everyone! And good to know there will be a little more holding it up later on. I guess I need to relax about this build, I just have no idea what to expect and what is normal! :) Thanks again

• Like 2