My first: I call her The Margot

Sweet

I have been reading for some time now and I keep learning from you all. Thanx for that.
I have posted this before but somehow my post appeared in someone's post... So I hid it  :ermm:

Some months ago I started my build and I am having so much fun! If you like you may visit my blog http://omamargot.blogspot.nl/
(It is written in Dutch, sorry for that.)

Don't look at all my mistakes, for instance putting the windows in before wallpapering! I will never be as good as most of you good people.
But I am having a very good time.

trapleuning02.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sweet said:

...I will never be as good as most of you good people.

But I am having a very good time...

Yes, you will be every bit as good or better; you're already far better with your first than I, with over 25 years of doing this.  Having a good time is why we have hobbies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I wish I could read Dutch because it looks very interesting.

I use Chrome as my operating system. It translates the pages to English for me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sweet said:

Don't look at all my mistakes, for instance putting the windows in before wallpapering! I will never be as good as most of you good people.

Oh don't worry about it, there's no problem with wallpappering after the windows are in place. Your house is looking really nice, was it built from scratch or a kit? Love the interior rail detail on the stairs, really nice touch :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KathieB said:

I use Chrome as my operating system. It translates the pages to English for me.

I wondered why some blogs have a translation feature and others do not.:blush: I have Mozilla, Chrome and Explore...don't ask ;) I primarily use Mozilla, but search with google. Thanks for the tip, I am going back to the blog.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I wondered why some blogs have a translation feature and others do not

Count me in as someone else who had never figured that out.  I use all three browsers as well (for a variety of reasons), and never realized that it was only Chrome where I was getting the pop-up translator.

• Like 1

Aha, I didn't know that it was so easy to find the translation, thank heavens, I do not have the spirit to translate my blog ;-)

@wormwoodz, yes, it is build from scratch. A good friend of mine has a woodshop and he was eager to help me out.
Some years ago I found a dollhouseplan in a magazine and I am glad I kept it.
I am changing al kind of things, walls en windows, but the guidlines of the plan are very helpfull

Thank you all  for your nice words, it makes me very happy.

01.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018, 4:27:06, Sweet said:

I have been reading for some time now and I keep learning from you all. Thanx for that.
I have posted this before but somehow my post appeared in someone's post... So I hid it  :ermm:

Some months ago I started my build and I am having so much fun! If you like you may visit my blog http://omamargot.blogspot.nl/
(It is written in Dutch, sorry for that.)

trapleuning02.jpg

I love all the detail with the paneling, the dual handrails, the baseboards. The paint on the wall reminds me of Tiffany blue, which is such a happy color. Did you make that bag as well?! Great job!