Victorian Dollhous ID

karsong

Hi,

I am new to the group and am excited about all the collective knowledge about dollhouses and miniatures.

I am trying to identify this dollhouse. The roof comes off for storage. All the sides come off to allow play from all four sides. It has been wired for electricity. There are windows and matching front and back stairs of brick. The brick is molded and the interior is wooden.

Does anyone have a clue as to the make and model?

Thank you,

Gail

identify.JPG

No idea what it is, but it's a cool house. I think you have the roof on sideways though. The Chimney's should be on the sides, not the front and the back. Did you find it in a store, inherit it? 

I just checked - I think I found it. I will try to take photo of the catalog page. It was a catalog from a shop called The Enchanted Dollhouse. The house is featured with lift off roof and removable sides. It was called the Queen Victoria Dollhouse. Went for $325. Photo looks just like yours.Double front door and all. This catalog is from 1977. Says the house ships "directly from Illiniois".

I always loved this house - I'd love to see more photos of it!

36 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Here it is. 

Best of luck!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Well done Elsbeth! I've never seen this house and was wondering if it was a scratch built. Great info.. Now I want one! LOL

• 6 months later...

I recognized it instantly too, as I always wanted one! About a year ago, I learned that the designer was Robert Lunde, through some research on a brownstone dollhouse that I had as a child and recently retrieved from storage. After all of these years, I turned it upside down to see whether there was a company name and saw Magnuson Models. In my search for more information about my house, I found that the Queen Victoria was their more well-known house of the two.

Here is the patent:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/D247984.html

Here is one that was up at auction a few years back:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/10753880_60-victorian-doll-house-fully-furnished-and-wired

• 4 years later...

Hoping someone sees this as this thread is four years old. My mother-in-law just gifted this same model to me, she is in her nineties and has been unable to properly care for it for some time. I’d like to clean it up but need to know what it’s made of. The catalog page posted by Elsbeth appeared to say but is cut off right at the good part!

I’d love any and all info anyone has, and pics of any refurbished sisters to this house. 

Thank you

On 9/15/2022 at 8:33 AM, MimiKo said:

Hoping someone sees this as this thread is four years old. My mother-in-law just gifted this same model to me, she is in her nineties and has been unable to properly care for it for some time. I’d like to clean it up but need to know what it’s made of. The catalog page posted by Elsbeth appeared to say but is cut off right at the good part!

I’d love any and all info anyone has, and pics of any refurbished sisters to this house. 

Thank you

I'll go get the catalog out again - might take me a day or two to post again but I will update you! happy to help!