What is your most recent purchase...and Why?

BigC

Simple enough question.. :)

What have you purchased lately, or thinking of purchasing next and why?

Please state specific item/s that you are currently working on/towards and your reasons and visions for that particular item/s....

Regards C

Well I've been on a buying bender lately, but specifically, Foo dogs for the Yellow house! When I started that rehab, I envisioned a pair of large foo dogs at the steps to the front door. Scoured the internet and found no such thing. Oddly enough, finally found them while searching a general craft site that sells a few minis while I was browsing on a day that was too cold to do anything else.  

The project had stalled because I was having trouble with templates, and couldn't make a decision about certain details that had to be done before other things could move forward. I'm starting to make those decisions, so I hope to have some progress to show soon.

foo dogs.jpg

• Like 6

I bought an Aster, it is here and I have decided that I will defiantly put two together end to end which will change the opening, will take a while to get it all right but I want it to be my Christmas house.  The second Aster is on it's way, along with the greenhouse halves which may or may not be part of this build.  There are quite a few things I want to change, and have my mind set on a thatch roof, and rock on the bottom.  I will play around on dry fitting first, as soon as I get the dining room table cleared off!  I also bought a few needle work kits, for chairs and finally found a nice set of tiny knitting needles in 7 sizes that go down to .5mm so I can start on a blanket and a shawl I wanted to make 1:12 size, I was having trouble finding them and they are coming from Australia..

Linda, I love your Foo dogs!

• Like 1

More transparency film to print out grids for my Gothic manor house windows. Before that more molding casting supplies for window casings and before that bass wood for trim around the outside of the windows once they are installed. And before that a special type of cove to slice up for the castle tower battlements, and before that LOL, a fancy 1/6 scale grandfather clock from JBM, before that wall paper, I know you said one thing but.....

• Like 1

Went shopping online at Scenic Express, the scale model train site, for landscaping materials -- grass, trees, flowers -- that I intend to use in a model of my real back yard to show the landscaper gardener exactly how I want it to look. The yard is something of a clean slate at the moment. 

Somehow I haven't been motivated enough to finish setting up the craft room/studio for a dollhouse project (although nolephan's reports of her Pierce are moving me in that direction), but this small project is helping me overcome inertia.

• Like 3

My generous kids got me gift certs for Christmas/birthday since they are a week apart. $150 to Amazon for craft supplies and $100 for HBS. I took advantage of the 26% off sale at HBS but mainly bought lighting and hardware supplies. I have tons of little side projects and kits I'd like to start on, and I made a promise to the New Orleans that I'd get back to her right after I finished the Christmas cottage.  Now, I just need to find where I put my mini mojo. I've been feeling poorly since Christmas day and just have been zapped of any energy.

Oh no! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Jodi. Big hugs for you. And a zapped mini mojo is phooey! Poor love!

I too have been on a bit of a mini spending spree of late. But the very last things I purchased are 3 artisan chandeliers. 2 options for the San Franciscan' s dining room and one for one of the bathrooms.

Here is a pic of the one I hope works for the dining room. The light I currently have in there just isn't cutting it.

Gustavian%2BChandelier.jpg

Linda, I love your foo dogs too!

Most recently (like 5 minutes ago), some fabric, lace, ribbon and trims I intend to use in my next build--the half-scale train car.  I want to give it a luxury feel, like the Orient Express.  My favorite recent purchase, inspired by folks who have posted pictures of their furred/flocked animals and given me a serious case of the covets (I'm looking at you, Samantha @Samusa), is my little fuzzy half-scale puppy Daisy, who is now living in my Fairfield. Furry half-scale animals are hard to find, and she came all the way from Manchester in the UK.

Puppy.jpg.6adc142d83bc1e85f0dca3cddebb7a

• Like 5

I bought more ink for my printer as I'm in to creating my own decorative ceiling tiles at the moment by using real tile images off of the Internet.  I'm trying to decide if I want to print them again with space in between where wood strips will go or if I'll cut them apart and glue each one separately with wood strips over top.

1 Slide12.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Most recently (like 5 minutes ago), some fabric, lace, ribbon and trims I intend to use in my next build--the half-scale train car.  I want to give it a luxury feel, like the Orient Express.  My favorite recent purchase, inspired by folks who have posted pictures of their furred/flocked animals and given me a serious case of the covets (I'm looking at you, Samantha @Samusa), is my little fuzzy half-scale puppy Daisy, who is now living in my Fairfield. Furry half-scale animals are hard to find, and she came all the way from Manchester in the UK.

Puppy.jpg.6adc142d83bc1e85f0dca3cddebb7a

A-dor-a-ble!!! :clap:so glad you got her! 

Massive amounts of groceries for the two teenage boys.....and their razors. Teenage boys are hungry and hairy! I think the junk food makes their hair grow at exorbitant rates.

I'm on a mini-chill out session after buying a Granville.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Massive amounts of groceries for the two teenage boys.....and their razors. Teenage boys are hungry and hairy! I think the junk food makes their hair grow at exorbitant rates.

I'm on a mini-chill out session after buying a Granville.

I remember those days... $600 Costco trips every couple weeks to feed my 6'5" bottomless bellied son and his cohort of teen aged friends. It took me sooo long to re-learn not to cook for an army. Luckily, he still can't grow facial hair at 28, so the razor blade budget wasn't an issue. Too bad ya don't live up here in the Northwest! Big beards are IN! :o)

I'm so excited that you got your Granville! Can't wait to see it BECOME! 

• Like 1

I wish my two boys (18 & 21) would eat... And shave! They both still wear jeans from the boys' department (although it's challenging to get them long enough...). And both grew beards after high school after not being allowed to have any facial hair in their school. They keep them trimmed though with a beard trimmer, so at least there's that!

As far as the last mini thing I bought... Sigh, I don't remember that far back. :( But my husband did get me an adorable 1:48 dressed bed from Pat @cloudbound that is living in my Victorian quarter scale house, all by itself. I need to make some more furniture for it. 

Oh! In October I bought a Hallmark Stove ornament for my gingerbread buttercup. And at the Atlanta Mini Show in September I bought a new gingerbread house, tree, and spoon for it. 

At that show I also bought some little wooden kits from Cindy Crane, that aren't really miniature things. Some little boxes, one holds sticky notes, and the other will be a tool box for my work table. And also a little house that isn't a particular scale. And then I bought some cool papers to cover them with.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Samusa said:

Oh no! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Jodi. Big hugs for you. And a zapped mini mojo is phooey! Poor love!

I too have been on a bit of a mini spending spree of late. But the very last things I purchased are 3 artisan chandeliers. 2 options for the San Franciscan' s dining room and one for one of the bathrooms.

Here is a pic of the one I hope works for the dining room. The light I currently have in there just isn't cutting it.

Gustavian%2BChandelier.jpg

Linda, I love your foo dogs too!

Wowsers! one of the best I have ever seen!

• Like 1

Is it just the way it is (seems to me), that mothers with boys are enjoying miniature dollhouse making?! :D Is it so we can get a bit of beauty in small homes that may not happen in our rl?! (We have 5 boys, and I fell off the cliff into miniatures in October.) My last purchase (and most costly...is that why it's been the last so far?!) was an artisan-crafted cherry floor loom from WeaverLili in California. It's for The Studio for my mother I'm lightly bashing from an eBay Whitney Tiffani kit. My very first dollhouse! 

Edited by TaliasEclectics
  • Like 2

It was just last night actually I sent an order off for all Christmas stuff.I have started collecting it as I intend to build a Christmas house and I know it will take me along time to collect all I need for it, so I have started early. Having said that I think I will have to look all over the globe to find it as it seems no one place has very much I was very disappointed last night as I was searching for Christmas wallpapers and didn't do very well, same with Christmas dishes.I think it may be an add to project over the next few years.

I  have several other things in the mail bought last week but  the things above where my last buy.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I’ve been tempted to do a little shopping there but I’m afraid once I start I wont be able to stop. 

Very wise...and they constantly entice you with emails and coupons. Wait a minute, that's a good thing!

• Like 2