Cleaning out my stash...

minikelli

I have several pieces that I'm looking to clear out of my hoard... stash of minis. lol I have an older mirrored Bespaq armoire -- I think the last I saw they offered this piece for sale was in 1996, I also have a complete Townsquare Miniatures kitchen, as well as a few other things like a vintage porcelain couple, artisan Victorian styled Christmas tree, as well as a JiaYi hat stand/vanity.

I have pictures of them all if anyone is interested in or looking for anything in particular, pm me I just may have it!

Trying to decrease the clutter. I’m tempted to purchase a table at our Show to eliminate the excess stuff. Some of it would be useful to others like furniture. The rest of it is so customized that I don’t know if there would be interest for: used roof tile, stone pieces, sidewalks, silk plants, prestained wood trim,  enough paper to paper a RL room and so on. 

Basically, a garage sale table.

At the San Jose show, they had a white elephant table (I think that is what they called it). It was set up outside of the conference room. It was full of pre-owned odds and ends, but great things. I couldn't get near it. It was like a swarm of locust.

• Like 2

Lawanda, that's me as well! lol Thus my reasoning behind trying to actually clean out that which I'm not using, or haven't found use for in over a decade! I'd love to keep it all, BUT I am determined this year to make my work space more manageable. This is one way I can do so, and know that these little delights are going somewhere else where they'll be appreciated!  :)

7 hours ago, Sable said:

Trying to decrease the clutter. I’m tempted to purchase a table at our Show to eliminate the excess stuff. Some of it would be useful to others like furniture. The rest of it is so customized that I don’t know if there would be interest for: used roof tile, stone pieces, sidewalks, silk plants, prestained wood trim,  enough paper to paper a RL room and so on. 

Basically, a garage sale table.

These are my favourite tables at mini shows. You should do it! :) 

Several years ago we had a traveling box (I forget who started it) of odds & ends; someone took out what s/he could use and put in anything "extra" or not needed to refill the box, then posted when it was ready to go and the first person who replied with their snail mail addy by PM got the box.

43 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Several years ago we had a traveling box (I forget who started it) of odds & ends; someone took out what s/he could use and put in anything "extra" or not needed to refill the box, then posted when it was ready to go and the first person who replied with their snail mail addy by PM got the box.

Do you remember an ad for the post office some years ago that boasted the Hope Diamond was sent someplace via the USPS? Bet that wouldn't happen today! Didn't our box sharing adventure come to a halt because the box got lost in the mail?

Off topic concerning stash, but on topic re USPS: I served as a juror on two separate murder trials. I said to my boss, I’m done doing my civic duty. He said, if you ever get another notice to serve, throw it out. They don’t send it via certified mail so there is no proof you ever received it. I haven’t received another notice and I’m not sure how I would actually handle it but he is right, there would be no proof since it goes through the USPS via regular mail and not certified mail.

• Like 1

My juror notice came certified mail :(  and they were tricky, it said you had to report at 1 pm but to call the night before after 8 pm, so I called and a message said you had to be there at 8 am, they charged the people that didn't follow instructions with contempt of court.

• 4 weeks later...

This reminds me of seed exchanges,we called them Round Robins.. I have been  involved in quite a few of them. Usually folks sign up for it, the person who starts the box fills it and send it to the next person. We had various ways of choosing who got the box next but a favourite was to not tell, ahead of time  just leave a message on the site with a clue who it was posted to and folks had to guess who it was going to, when it got it   they posted it had arrived, folks took out what they wanted and then put in  whatever  they wished. Sometimes there was a special bag inside for the organizer as a thank you. We usually has about 20 folks signed up and eventually the box got back to the original starter. We had them going to three or four countries and it was great delight seeing the different things folks put in. I could see it working well with mini's,

XX Jeannine

• Like 1

Hi -

Here at CJN Miniatures in Edmonds we offer consignment for your items and would love to sell them for you. I am attaching our consignment agreement for you to look over.

Connie

CJN Miniatures

Connie@CJNMiniatures.com

http://CJNMiniatures.com

CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT-1.docx

Connie, how nice to see you here on the forum!

On eBay once, we did a traveling stuffed moose. We would take the moose and take pictures of him in our area, and then put something small in the box and send him on. I brought the moose over to Seattle and took a picture of him sitting on the Pike's Place pig, in the saltwater taffy bin, and on the ferry. I tried to take a picture of him at work and my manager thought I'd lost my mind. I told her what we were doing and she said, "Grown women actually do things like this?" I felt so sorry for her. How awful to be so constrained by being an adult that you miss the fun of just living.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018‎ ‎8‎:‎49‎:‎57‎, Gayle said:

Holly, I was the one that started the traveling box.

Yes, you were,  and it made quite a few trips before it stopped.

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Connie, how nice to see you here on the forum!

On eBay once, we did a traveling stuffed moose. We would take the moose and take pictures of him in our area, and then put something small in the box and send him on. I brought the moose over to Seattle and took a picture of him sitting on the Pike's Place pig, in the saltwater taffy bin, and on the ferry. I tried to take a picture of him at work and my manager thought I'd lost my mind. I told her what we were doing and she said, "Grown women actually do things like this?" I felt so sorry for her. How awful to be so constrained by being an adult that you miss the fun of just living.

Oops, I thought it was Molly Moose...

• 1 month later...

Added pics into my "sale album" of a French Canopy style bed, will be adding more pictures tonight if anyone is interested. Anything that has sold has been marked, and while I'm looking for certain prices on certain items -- I am definitely open to offers if they're reasonable. Please people, help me clean out some of these minis and get them to other homes they'll be appreciated... otherwise, I'm going to break down buy myself more "storage" and they're not probably going to see the light of day again for a while, while I continue on my building and moving houses out. lol

• 1 month later...

Just to give you all the heads up, I will be adding more pictures to my "sale" album here with-in the next week or so.(At least that's my hope). I had several parties contact me to say they were interested previously, and just letting those that were know -- I'm still looking to clear out some space!  :)

My joy truly comes from the building and/or the "fixing" not so much the accessorizing. It's just taken me too many years to realize this! lol