Pudgie

Started a Beacon Hill for my Granddaughter's birthday 2 years ago. I is build except for finish details. We had to deliver it to Nashville from PA for her May birthday in 2016. For 4 months it occupied my life to get it constructed to resemble the house it would become. I worked about 12 hours each day, for 8 weeks to get the carcass together, along with major details like exterior doors, bays and windows.  I tend not to have the time to devote to the completion when I am visiting, but will be getting a solid week to finish the clapboard and the shingles. Does anyone have any advice regarding a quick way to measure for the spacing of the clapboard. I have the left side (front facing) completed with cladding and it seems to be fine. I measured each piece from side to side and attached it one at a time and it was very time consuming. Is there a way to measure spacing top to bottom and keep the rhythm of the placement going?  Any adivice?

I've used narrow masking tape to create straight lines for laying shingles.  Otherwise, you could do a few rows and then check for the average measurement for each row.  Then measure up the side of the house and draw lines since you will be covering them anyway.