Beacon Hill - Dollhouse Noob

56 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rbytsdy said:

Actually I think this is probably a great time to do shingles and siding, though you will have to make some interesting curved cuts into siding to accommodate those upper corner embellishments. I installed siding before proceeding with the windows and bay roofs, and had to accommodate for the increased thickness.

Ok so all is not lost then, it's just gonna be more work, I can deal with that, I've come this far! Thx

22 hours ago, Squig said:

Hello getting near done here in my Beacon Hill and I'm getting worried about the shingles and clapboard siding. I kinda thought there would be a place in the instructions that would say "INSTALL SHINGLES/SIDING NOW" but nope. So now I just got to Step U: Shutters and  I really think those will need to sit on the siding. Have I really screwed up at this point? I'm looking at the windows and trim I will need to work around and I definitely wish I would have done the shingles and siding earlier. :( Any advice?

15436935178731197804448094792652.jpg

Wonderful Job Andy!! Keep plugging along!

1 person likes this

Your house is looking great. I’m looking forward to pics with the siding on. :D 

1 person likes this

Thanks for the kind words, follow up question for people who have completed the Beacon Hill: am I supposed to side/shingle this notch area between the tower and mansard roof? Because that's going to be crazy! 

IMG_20181201_114534648.jpg

10 hours ago, Squig said:

Thanks for the kind words, follow up question for people who have completed the Beacon Hill: am I supposed to side/shingle this notch area between the tower and mansard roof? Because that's going to be crazy! 

Do you still have the sheet that this piece was in? If so, trace the shape on thin paper, shingle it, and then slide it into place. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Beacon Hill Scraps--free to a good home
      By forjenn
      I have just completed a Beacon Hill (more or less). I wondered if anyone would like my box of scraps? Most of the sheets are intact (with the pieces punched out, of course). I never used the shutters, so all those pieces are there. I am willing to send the box and all the scrapwood to anyone who wants it.
      Jennifer Ashley
    • Pennethorne Manor ~ Remake
      By EdwardianLady
      After rehoming all my dollhouses (including Pennethorne Manor I - remember MiniMadWoman?) and being out of minis for awhile, I have once again caught the mini bug!  I brought up all my miniatures from their tomb in the basement the other day and took inventory.  O how I missed my precious pieces!
      I am going to build a Beacon Hill from the dollhouse kit (which is due to arrive today) with a few modifications.  I am adding a basement, extending the kitchen (which will be a dining room) and the bathroom, and adding a conservatory and possibly extending the boudoir.  With help from dear hubby, we built the basement over the weekend and today I was playing with flooring.
      I will be posting each step of the way here, but you can also follow along on my blog https://beaconhilldollhouse.blogspot.com
      The basement from left to right . . . wine cellar, butler's pantry, kitchen, sewing room.

Kitchen flooring from a vinyl tile.

• Greetings!
      By Rainwallker Doll Houses
      Hello, fellow forum members -
      My first exposure to Greenleaf was the Harrison that my mother built for her grandchildren in the early 80s. It was well loved by our families and most of the neighbor children. The dollhouse traveled a bit and was given first to my niece and then my eldest daughter, whose five year old daughter is attached to it at the hip. When my newest grand daughter was born last year her mother said, "Great! Now it's OUR turn for the dollhouse!" To forestall the inevitable battle (ever tried to pry a five year old from her favorite toy on the planet?) I decided to make a new dollhouse for the other set of grandbabies. I  joined the woodshop in my retirement community, found the best mentor on the planet, and dived in.
      It's been twenty years since I tackled a doll house but it's been a joy.
      I'll share pics soon - promise!
    • Brick, bricks and more bricks
      By WestPaces
      The brickwork is going up.