Mice are Nice!

shamrockgirl18

So I've had this little red and white mouse for a couple years, and I thought he was cute. Then yesterday I bought the mouse with the glasses on clearance. They were both ornaments, but I think they are too cute to spend 11 months packed away in the basement, so I'm thinking of making a little house for them. They are a similar size, but their faces are different 'styles'.  . .and I'm not sure if I like it yet.  .  .would it look strange to have 2 mice with such different faces next to each other in the same space?

The little mouse with the glasses is holding a wine cork (it's glued pretty good, otherwise I'd remove it) so maybe it should a be wine theme- with the mice sharing a bottle? Should the bottle be a real-life sized one, to match the cork she has in her hands? Like, should it be mice with a house/furniture their own size, or should it be mice that exist in a regular human-size space? I can't decide.

Right now I'm still brainstorming so I thought I'd ask you all for your input and ideas.

• Like 1

They're both white mice & a similar size.  What about putting them in different rooms of the house?  Then the difference between noses (not that big a deal, IMO) wouldn't be so noticeable.

22 minutes ago, shamrockgirl18 said:

would it look strange to have 2 mice with such different faces next to each other in the same space?

:hmm: Was it strange to see me with my blue-eyed pink face next to Lloyd's brown-eyed African American face in the same place?  I'm all for diversity. :D 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KathieB said:

:hmm: Was it strange to see me with my blue-eyed pink face next to Lloyd's brown-eyed African American face in the same place?  I'm all for diversity. :D 

It's just the shape of their faces- one looks a little more realistic I guess, while the other one looks 'cartoonish' by comparison.  I've mixed scales before, but I don't think I've ever mixed artistic styles in a single dh/scene, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

What about a scene in a wine bottle , well maybe a wine bottle you make . Not sure how to make the wine bottle choses are thoughts to ponder . Maybe a paper clay bottle put the clay over a real bottle one of the bigger fatter style ones and leave a large opening for the scene . it would be kinda CORKY:cucumber:

( remember the bag that was posted in the las week  ) 

• Like 3

I see what you mean by the differences, one is realistic to a degree with a nose and mouth but they are both exaggerated , but rather then cartoonish I think the other one actually has a nose that looks like most mice I have seen up close.  You may shoot me for this suggestion, but how about a third mouse that is about half way between the two!  I know this one is way out of your budget probably because John Wright sells his mice for hundreds of dollars.

8c179f8c5ff07bb43782087b28cfd386.jpg

• Like 1

I love the idea of a mouse house! I see what you mean about concern mixing realism aesthetics - that can blow a scene if not done right BUT with animals they are way mor forgiving then human figures/dolls. It could be cute either scale but their own size has a charm, but being in the human scale has its own neatnes. Not too helpful, sorry! But I think you should do it! Could you post pics of the lucky mice?