What have you learned from this forum

NellBell

The people on here are the greatest!  Always willing to help, encourage (buy more for that stash!), and just listen when we get frustrated.  We all have been there and someone will usually know the answer!

18 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

This is the post I found:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=37247&do=findComment&comment=603540  As I recall, I used cider vinegar and fine steel wool.  You can use the resulting product to dye your shingles, and it gives them a beautiful aged wood look.  I used it on the shingles on my bungalow, and really loved how they turned out.  The only thing is, this really is a dye.  You  need to make sure you use gloves when doing the dying (as I found out the hard way on my first batch).

I did this technique on the Cape May roof.  I love the look, but it only takes a couple of minutes to use dye the shingles.  I waited 5 minutes and as they dried they turned darker than I had planned.  They still look good, but next time, probably only wait 2 minutes before draining.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018, 9:12:54, Mineejv said:

I've found a place were people understand mini's.....think mini's......and love mini's. I use to think I was the only one who loved little thing..........I found a whole world that thinks that way !!!     Thanks,you all.

This!!