When is the 25th HBS Creatin Contest announced?

Jrzeegrl

26 minutes ago, Keifer said:

For us newbies...what ya’all talkin bout?

Every year miniatures.com has a contest where they introduce a new kit and hold a contest. You decorate the kit to your vision and submit it by a certain date. The winner recieves $1000 dollars from miniatures.com.

Here is the info for 2017 the winners haven't been announced yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Not any more Holly.   I've had to buy all of mine.  Maybe winners get a new kit.   I looked on line, the new kit is "out of stock".  I like it, but since I have no clue when I'll get to start building again.

On the website it said they expect it 1/31/18, I like the house, it has great possibilities but the last think I need is another project.  With roof access I would think it would be a difficult house to photograph. 

• Like 3

I like it too, but the contest kits just keep getting bigger. It’s just not feasible for me to have a new build every year of that size, not to mention the cost of shipping to Australia. I think it rules a lot of people out of the game. And it is the last of the mini contests that I am aware of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shannonc60 said:

I like it too, but the contest kits just keep getting bigger. It’s just not feasible for me to have a new build every year of that size, not to mention the cost of shipping to Australia. I think it rules a lot of people out of the game. And it is the last of the mini contests that I am aware of.

I bought last year's kit, and opened it, only to realize how large it actually was. I promptly closed it and now it has a better home. They are big kits with really nice windows and doors. Very good quality and a great price. It is too bad that shipping is so expensive for everyone Down Under. Hallmark has a contests through NAME and Real Good Toys did one for Halloween.

Oh wow, what a bummer - the best part of entering was receiving the next kit as a participant prize (well except maybe for the year I actually won!  XD). It's probably become such a quantity of entries that it just wasn't financially feasible. I have an idea for this next build, but it's probably a pretty cliche option. Of course I'll wait for their April Fools Day half price coupon because I'm cheep cheep! :)