Inglenook room box

grazhina

I finished my inglenook room box, except for adding the front frame and finishing the sides. Yesterday I went out and bought some sheets of 1/16" basswood to glue around the exterior of the box, because the very thin MDF looks so funky. The interior walls are styrofoam coated with drywall compound, the beams are also styrofoam which was coated with gesso, then washed with several coats of thinned acrylic paint. The bricks are made from bass stripwood. The hearthstone is also styrofoam coated with drywall compound. The black cabinet is made from a Lee's Line Bren china cabinet that came apart. I found the chairs in a local "antique" mall years ago, liked them, but never had the perfect spot for them till now. 

1 - Copy.JPG

2 - Copy.JPG

3 - Copy.JPG

• Like 3

This looks so good . I must confess I never understood about making room boxes when I first started looking at making a dollhouse. II'd see a lot of them on blogs. I  get it now and am a convert as they take less time and you can see everything you put in it .

Grazhina:  I just adore the Inglenook room box.  I prefer warm, cozy interiors like Inglenook. Great job you did on it. I noticed some little blue n white china/ceramic pieces which I love as well both in real-life and in miniature. I remember a while back I ordered some blue n white ceramic pieces from your shop and also some Lees Line furniture all of which were included in the attached photo of a living  room built in a 20 gallon aquarium.

DSC00391.JPG

The blue n white ceramic pieces I purchased from you are sitting atop the bookcase. You can  barely see them - sorry.  All the furniture, except the book case, table lamps & plant stand in the background with the roses is Lees Line from you.

On 1/16/2018, 7:49:26, rodentraiser said:

That is lovely. I feel as though I can see a little old lady sitting there on the stool in front of the fire with her knitting in her hands.

Hmmm ... she looks like me. :) 

15 hours ago, tilliejam62 said:

... a living  room built in a 20 gallon aquarium.

What a fine idea and lovely execution! I like the benefit of clear side walls. 

• Like 1