Newbie from Texas

frillgirl

I just bought a 20 something year old Greenleaf Dollhouse from my neighbor via Nextdoor. I’ve always loved dollhouses and this one came along at the perfect time. It’s fully furnished, in a little bit of disrepair, has the potential for electricity, has a garden, and well, is completely overwhelming! Where to start, how to keep from knocking things over..... and so here I am.Hopefully I can overcome the nerves and start learning! I look forward to meeting my everyone.: )

• Like 1

Welcome, glad you found us. There's a product called tacky wax that you can use to hold things down temporarily, I know it's frustrating when you put your arm in the house and everything gets knocked over lol. Once I have things where I know I'll want them I glue them down with Alene's tacky glue. Can't wait to see which house you have. 

My file sizes are too big too share pics just now. I know i can reduce them, just maybe not from my iPad?

Yes, I’m in the thick of with the “snow” and ice right now. Luckily we all live in about the same area and have the same commute for the most part and work downtown - my boss told us to stay home yesterday and today. I had an appt to have my back tires replaced first thing Tues morning. My best friend was giving me such grief about going but it was a mile from my house and it had taken me so long to make the appointment I wanted to get it taken care of. Im so glad I did when I did. It was only drizzling when I went and my appt was so early I was home in under an hour. By the afternoon the yard was covered with snow/ice and I could see actual snowflakes. My poor dogs are having conniptions having to step on to the grass! I go out with them in a show of solidarity, but it doesn’t seem to do much good!

• Like 1

Hi Christina. Welcome to the forum.  Can't wait to see your pics of the old house, and what you do with it.  I too live in Texas, outside of Dallas, in a small (but unfortunately growing) town. There is always someone here who can help you out with anything.