Question about the Chantilly

6 posts in this topic

Hi there! I wanted to pick a small dollhouse project to try to finish before the next local dollhouse show this year (around October), not sure I'll find the time but I'm going to try. I've choosen the Chantilly half scale, I've seen some pictures of this house finished in the gallery looks really interesting and not very big or complicated.

I was wondering, how long does it take to put this house together on average? I've checked the sticky thread with construction times but this house wasn't listed on it. Also ordered some speed strip shingle packs to go with it, heard good things about those and it seams it's faster than applying individual shingles. 

I can’t give you a time. Mine is sitting in my work room patiently awaiting attention in a very unfinished state, but I think you could do it easily. If you didn’t make too many major alterations, it is a fairly straightforward layout. I changed the second/middle floor layout so I had a bedroom that didn’t have the stair opening, and added height to the attic space. It is such a cute house too, one of my favourites!

I’ve used shingle strips in 1:12 scale and they are fantastic, especially the card ones as no sanding.

1 person likes this

I built a half scale Chantilly (the Chanticleer) and it took about a year, but I made a lot of modifications and have a full time RL job, so it could easily be completed faster depending how elaborate you are planning the build and your time constraints. Good luck! It’s a fun house and I fell in love with it.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I can’t give you a time. Mine is sitting in my work room patiently awaiting attention in a very unfinished state, but I think you could do it easily. If you didn’t make too many major alterations, it is a fairly straightforward layout. ....

I am thinking of changing the roof a little, and perhaps adding a small room to the second floor, other than that I don't think I'll do many changes.

8 hours ago, Dalesq said:

I built a half scale Chantilly (the Chanticleer) and it took about a year, but I made a lot of modifications and have a full time RL job, so it could easily be completed faster depending how elaborate you are planning the build and your time constraints. Good luck! It’s a fun house and I fell in love with it.

I love yours, it's really interesting and diferent and I'm not surprised it took you a while :) 

I am thinking about changing the apex of the roof like you did, I hope I can make it work with the eave decorations. Here's a sketch of what I have in mind:

chantilly1.jpg.f44d0230b90394cbe0f9e7af8

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

I am thinking of changing the roof a little, and perhaps adding a small room to the second floor, other than that I don't think I'll do many changes.

I love yours, it's really interesting and diferent and I'm not surprised it took you a while :) 

I am thinking about changing the apex of the roof like you did, I hope I can make it work with the eave decorations. Here's a sketch of what I have in mind:

chantilly1.jpg.f44d0230b90394cbe0f9e7af8

Yep, I’m sure you can do this change. It will probably be easier than you think once you get started.

1 person likes this

Oh yeah I was thinking of the Rosedale! Haha! I have a 1:24 Chantilly too which did take a while to put together, but again would just depend pn hoew much you wanted to change.

1 person likes this