Renovation

JDB

My dad scratch built my dollhouse almost 40 years ago. I just got it back from my sister (she had girls, I have boys) and unfortunately time & play have not been kind. So I'm in the process of doing a complete renovation. I always wanted electricity in it so tonight I'm attempting to wire it. I've already repainted the exterior and some of the interior trim. I look forward to showing her off when I'm done. Oh I'm doing rustic farmhouse decor. 

• Like 3

Awaiting pics Jennifer...cant wait to see renovation shots..I'm at a point of scratch building for my grand daughter....and can maybe see whats ahead..potentially when I'm no longer around....hopefully I will get to the electrification stage before I pop my clogs..please keep us posted on this process, I'm all ears and willing to learn.

Regards C

• Like 1

Wonderful! I love to see a dollhouse reno.. :D Don't forget to take before pictures. We all want to see the transformation. Can you show us the dollhouse? We all love a scratch build. :) 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, WestPaces said:

Can't wait to see the progress! I have just bought a 'fixer-upper' that badly needs a reno :) (That in spite of being a newbie and only a third of the way through my first build:D)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh? :D 

Welcome Jennifer. I look forward to seeing your renovation.

I'm very near you in Glen Allen. There is a great dollhouse shop in the west end and there is a N.A.M.E. club, as well.

Let me know if you'd like contact info for either!