Miniature Designs Purchases

KathieB

NJ and I met Tracy (sparklepuppies) at Miniature Designs in Lawrenceville, Georgia, last Saturday. NJ and I between us have visited a fair number of dollhouse shops and rate this one very high, even above the now-closed Through the Looking Glass in Dallas and Ron's in Orlando. There were some customers working on individual projects in their work area. One was painting the windows and doors prior to installing them in her magnificent Lawbre. She took us into the workshop to see it. What a pleasure! I was itching to take pictures but thought that would be too rude. I wish the shop were closer to me or I closer to it. A scary ride on three sections of interstate prompted me to take surface streets to get back home. It took about a half hour or 45 minutes longer but was far less stressful.

You can see my purchases on my blog. Click below or go to http://kathiebminis.blogspot.com/2018/01/a-little-shopping-spree.html

• Like 2

We had a grand time! Although my purchases weren't nearly as fun as Kathie's were. I got an unfinished wash stand, a frame for when I ever try one of the paintings Deb posted, and some gingerbread cookies. 

I do love love going there, but I'm  with Kathie, the drive is NO fun! They sure are the friendliest bunch of people though. Definitely worth going to if you're ever in or going through Ga. And if you do, let me know and I'll try to come by! 

Tell me about it Karin! Can you imagine little ole me when I take classes with them?! I feel so... Out of place!

JP was there hanging out Saturday, Kathie had a nice conversation with him. :) And Wilson Santiago is Bev's ( the owner) brother. I remember he was in the store the very first time I visited (10 years ago!). Seeing one of his beds is what made me buy the Bespaq bedroom furniture for the Beacon Hill, but years later the fabric is still just kinda draped in place! Wish I had got him back then to dress it for me!

Also, look up Michael Reynolds. He's amazing, and hangs out there too. And of course all three of those guys are super nice and friendly and helpful.

You're so lucky! I'm familiar with all three thru Facebook. Wilson is so funny and personable, Michael is so talented it makes my brain hurt. My favorite tho is JPs little Tumnus the Fawn room. Omg I could look at just the photo of it for an hour :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MLPMagic13 said:

It's always fun when really talented people are so nice as well

Every single dollhouse person I've met, no matter what their talent level, is friendly, sharing, and caring. I feel blessed to be part of the community.  

I just love that Lamp... Beautiful. We drive (I should say fly) thur that area going North and then going South. One of these days I need to stop. I sure you need 3-4 hours to look and d r e a m ........  Glad you enjoyed your trip and found some nice things!

7 minutes ago, Mineejv said:

I just love that Lamp... Beautiful. We drive (I should say fly) thur that area going North and then going South. One of these days I need to stop. I sure you need 3-4 hours to look and d r e a m ........  Glad you enjoyed your trip and found some nice things!

It's worth a stop even if you just have an hour. 

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Every single dollhouse person I've met, no matter what their talent level, is friendly, sharing, and caring. I feel blessed to be part of the community.  

Really? That's unusual, but great! Every other hobby community that I am familiar with usually has some inner war going on, with causalities on both sides!

38 minutes ago, MLPMagic13 said:

Really? That's unusual, but great! Every other hobby community that I am familiar with usually has some inner war going on, with causalities on both sides!

In addition to great members who follow the no-politics-or-other-contentious-subjects rule, we have vigilant admins here who are quick to remove any bad egg trolls who might try to cause any kind of upset. Besides, what's to go to war over in the mini world? Real life could learn something from us.  

• Like 1

I am very cross with you Kathie!  I went to have a look at the shop online and I've utterly fallen in love with the McQueenie Gypsy caravan!!!!  :eek:

Given I'm in NZ, it's approx NZ$400 and who knows how much the shipping is!  I drooled over it and all the pictures I could find of it last night - I have numerous tabs in my internet open to various gypsy caravans for sale - although none really live up to the beautiful McQueenie kit!  I came out this morning and started drooling yet again and casually mentioned to dear husband who was sitting beside me drinking coffee before work, that I would have to 'save up' for this.  He asked how much it was and I said 'Really expensive!'  He asked again and I told him that the cheapest was from the UK 210pounds.  He winced....no surprises there then!  But then he turned around and told me to get it!  :drool: He has just bought two very large toolboxes for his garage (MUCH more expensive than this kit) plus he's always spending money on cars (we have 13 currently).  So he said 'this is your hobby, you get it'!  I am so excited - oh and I forgive you COMPLETELY!!!  So yes, another project....like I need one....these miniatures are kind of addictive huh......  eeeekkkkk!  So excited - and oh yes - LOVE the lamp, brush and comb best!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shareb said:

But then he turned around and told me to get it!  :drool:

He told you to get the McQueenie?? I have to tell you, I drooled over that kit in the store. It is magnificent!

We have been accused of being enablers ... and have admitted as much on several occasions. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KathieB said:

He told you to get the McQueenie?? I have to tell you, I drooled over that kit in the store. It is magnificent!

We have been accused of being enablers ... and have admitted as much on several occasions. :) 

It looks so very beautiful!  Complete with mahogany furniture.  Plus I've just been told it's only 7.50pounds postage!  So....about to order.......enable away.....

@Shareb The McQueenie site charge 210 pounds and says worldwide shipping is included in the price. You shouldn't have to pay for postage at all.

http://www.mcqueenieminiatures.co.uk/12th+scale+Gypsy+caravan+kit+PVVUTXdBRE14b0RkalZIWnZKSGM

And our own ShannonC60 does a wonderful gypsy wagon kit too.. if you are interested in half scale :D 

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/525395048/124-scale-miniature-kit-maudes-gypsy?ref=shop_home_active_1

Well it's ordered and paid for.  Complete was 217.50 GBP.  I think the 7.50GBP (Great British Pounds) was extra for signed/tracked postage.  When it's posted in their morning they'll send me the tracking info - not a lot extra for the peace of mind. Now to create a new Pinterest page.....  Oh, that half scale is also gorgeous!

• Like 2