Garfield house

Scarlett's papa

I am starting my first build. "The Garfield" I hope I did not bite off more than I can chew with this one. I would like to add lights and need to plan ahead. Need options on round vs tape. I am leaning more towards round. Who makes the best  electrical systems, most dependable? Also looking for the best wood glue and wood sealer to use. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 1

There are a lot of YouTube videos for wiring dollhouses that might help you. 

Ive used all different wood glues, I think Gorilla brand of yellow wood glue is a little runnier so I prefer titebond. Stock up on good masking tape to hold things in place while the glue dries. I don't use wood sealer so can't help there. 

I would recommend decorating and wiring as you go before you glue things permanently.  There are a lot of places that can be difficult to get to in the Garfield.  I would also recommend leaving the balcony doors removable in the stair area because this area is particularly tricky to access once the house is complete.  

• Like 1

I did the Garfield.  There are some photos of some of the wiring on my youtube videos (click below) I used round wire and also hid them under baseboards. toward back of house then under channels on the back.  then at the bottom I had two mini power strips.  it was a little messy but I had lots of lights and plug ins.  I used the round wire kits you can purchase for mini's.  oh p.s.  I also have photos in my Gallery album here on the forum.in the Garfield Dollhouse one