Selkie

KathieB

My heart is heavy as I write this. Selkie's daughter phoned this morning to let me know that her mother has passed away. As well as being an active member of our community, Selkie was rearing three active grandchildren with all that entails, working part time for her husband's company, and participating in numerous church and community activities, I asked if there is anything we can do. She said to remember her mother and pray for the family. Although she was but 5 feet tall, Selkie was the lynchpin that held the family together. Mary said that despite her mother's small size, all the family together will have to make a real effort to fill her shoes.

Selkie's real name was Carolyn Goodwin. Her obituary can be found at Kidder Funeral Home, Northfield, MA. Messages of condolence can be left there as well.

Who will take care of Twinkle and the others?  And finish that gonzo bash of all those dollhouse kits?  Selkie (I will always think of her as Selkie) was a very special lady and I shall miss her sorely.

40 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Was she ill?  

The flu took advantage of an underlying condition. Both she and her grandson had a particularly nasty version of the flu virus. He recovered.

I'm heartbroken this evening.  Tracy called to tell me and I'm just at a loss.  I can't think of any words to say, but I think Selkie would like me to share this.  She chose her name here on the forum based on the legend of the Selkie Woman as told by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.   I found this recording of the story for you.  https://sarahsutcliffe.com/2014/09/28/march-2014-seal-woman/    It meant a lot to her.  

• Like 6