Need help with instructions (Beacon Hill)

wormwoodz

Hi, I'm trying to build the third floor but I ran into a problem.

See the red underline on the instruction sheet, I can't find the piece with that name in sheet 19. The only 2 chimney pieces on that sheet have diferent names, but the instructions say "left chimney trim" which one is it? Maybe I'm just blind but I've been searching through the sheets and I can't seam to find it.

If you have built this house and have a picture of this piece or remember the shape of it please let me know! I have the third floor in dry fit but can't assemble the chimney until I solve this :cry:

instructions_chimney.jpg

instructions_sheet19.jpg

Holly, she asked a question and I answered it, trying to help her find the piece she needed.  Every time I come on here and make a statement someone has to critique what I say.  This is the reason I keep my mouth shut most of the time.

I am sorry Ashley if I offended you.

• Like 3

I wasn't critiquing you.  I would likely have had the same frustrations over trying to find that piece on the schematics because of the difference in wording by the time I have gone from looking at the sheet and reading the instructions to the actual build.  I think it was helpful for you to point that wording out.

6 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I don't want to seem obvious, but isn't this the piece you are looking for?  It might not have the same the exact same name as the instructions, but I am thinking it's this piece.  Can you punch it out and see if it works?

5a706326c3037_BeaconHillChimney.JPG.0a14

Omg you're right! :doh:

I don't know how I missed this, I guess it looked like a door or window to me lol. Thank you!!

To be frank these days I only speak portuguese when I'm not at home, my hubby and I speak english but we were both not reading the obvious here hehe.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wormwoodz said:

Omg you're right! 

You don't know how many times I have done the exact same thing.  Look and look for a piece on the sheet, and swear it's not there.  Start looking through all of the sheets for the piece, only to find it on the sheet it's supposed to be on that I looked at the first time.  Been there, done that way too often.  Glad I could help.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I don't want to seem obvious, but isn't this the piece you are looking for?  It might not have the same the exact same name as the instructions, but I am thinking it's this piece.  Can you punch it out and see if it works?

5a706326c3037_BeaconHillChimney.JPG.0a14

Thank you for this information.  I haven't gotten to this point yet, but I'm sure that I would have done the same thing.  I love Greenleaf houses, but the directions and schematics often test my reading comprehension skills.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Khadi said:

Thank you for this information.  I haven't gotten to this point yet, but I'm sure that I would have done the same thing.  I love Greenleaf houses, but the directions and schematics often test my reading comprehension skills.

Same here.

• Like 2

Sorry I need help with the instructions again :wacko:

So I've aplied most of the exterior horizontal and vertical trims, but I can't figure out where the piece circled in red is supposed to go. Also, the piece with the arrow pointed to it, I know where it goes (top left of the tower) but does this have another piece that 'corners' with it? It looks a bit odd by itself, I'm probably either missing something or I have made some mistake with the trims, thou at the moment everything looks perfectly trimmed and with the correct lenght. The only corners I haven't trimed yet are the tower left corner top and bottom (under the mansard roof, I checked pictures from other users and I don't see a trim there).

So what am I missing? Does the top left of the tower have another trim piece that is not on sheet 16? Does the long piece I highlighted go under the mansard corner between the tower and left side? And if so are people just not using it in their houses? I really wish the box came with pictures of the finished house from all angles so I could check the 'correct' trim placement. 

instructions_sheet16.jpg

instructions_verticaltrims.jpg

3 hours ago, rbytsdy said:

It does look as though there is a second trim piece on that tower front left. Now this was almost a decade ago so I don't recall whether it was a piece that was in the kit or one that I added!

Yes it would make sense for another trim piece to be there, but I can't seam to find it in the sheet (at least none that says "tower"). I just went over all the trims I have glued and they are correct. This is driving me nuts, it's like I have 1 missing piece in a puzzle and 1 piece left but it doesn't fit! lol 

9 hours ago, Samusa said:

Is it the longer one in the middle of the sheet called "Tower right front corner -Top"?

Those longer pieces are for the right corner of the tower which is already in place, I can't find the second piece for the left corner top of the tower (the one next to the mansard roof), I only find the front piece which is the one with the arrow pointed towards it. It must be on another sheet but I can't find it, I'm going to try to read everything again and check all the sheets I haven't used yet. It just seams too obvious to not be included in the set, so I'm probably missing some step.

On the other hand, after checking several pictures from other users I think I finally figured out where the red highlighted piece is supposed to go: it's this interior corner of the porch, that's why they named it "front wall right" and "bottom left corner". It's technicaly correct but so confusing when looking at the house after the porch is assembled. I've already applied siding in this area so I'm not sure it it's worth adding it at this point... I'd have to cut the sidding to fit it and just seams like a load of extra work >.< 

This is what I mean when I say this house should come with more pictures from diferent angles, I was completly missing this small detail lol.

In the meantime if can't find the other missing trim, I suppose I'll have to cut a new one from spare bits.

BeaconHill_porchcorner.jpg

2 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

In the meantime if can't find the other missing trim, I suppose I'll have to cut a new one from spare bits.

Looking through my build pics-- looks as though I added that final trim piece quite late in the game; it's very possible that I just painted a scrap piece and added it because that's the way I thought it should be...

• Like 1