Just saying Hello! Have missed everyone

mininecessities

I've missed all of you:)

I haven't been doing anything with my miniatures other than dreaming and planning, oohing and aaahing.  :drool:I got sidetracked, with making journals last year for family members.  I wanted to make sure everyone had something I made before I die to remember me by.  LOL  is that common thinking for someone approaching 70.? (well, in 1 1/2 years)  anyway.  I think I made 16 journals and password books last year. Then I thought, oh I miss my sewing and started buying fabric on a FB group. very addictive.  Then decided to buy some bolts of fabric for sales on ebay.  I did get some tiny print ones, not all but some are. I don't have them all up. I have fabric on some of the walls of my Garfield Dollhouse which I liked doing as it is cheaper and great for those really tall ceilings walls, like in the attic of that house.  I opened up my ebay shop again and plan to make mini animals also as they seem to go the best. 

I did get a large kitchen cart to put my dollhouse on.  I really like it. it rolls very nicely.  Then lately I bought a 30" x 48" board to set on top to set the Garfield dollhouse on so I can landscape.  I got thin ( it is 1/4" or 3/16") sanded plywood but am kind of sorry.  I think I should have gotten 1/2" as   it is a little weak, but just where the dollhouse isn't, which is most of it being under the dollhouse. It is also a little bit high to work on, it but will probably be fine for viewing. I still have doors to do, but I also plan to make a landscaped display to display and photo forest animals I will be or plan to make.  So much planning to do this and planning to do that. :crazyeyes: Anyway, here I am, lurking again, reading everyone's posts to see what you have been doing. :) or planning to do.  

• Like 1

You've been busy, Cheryl! I'm curious about the journals you made for your family. It's an interesting idea, but I've no idea where to begin. In general, what did you put in them?

23 minutes ago, KathieB said:

You've been busy, Cheryl! I'm curious about the journals you made for your family. It's an interesting idea, but I've no idea where to begin. In general, what did you put in them?

Oh they were blank journals, but fancy with themes that they would like, for instance my son in law is an avid gardener, and here are a couple photos of his journal. They can put whatever they want in them.  If you want to see them all you can go to my facebook page cherylwoodmeredithempson  (long name? don't ask lol ) and click on the album Things I Made 2017.  It should be public.    No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I'd imagined you doing 16 mini autobiographies to let them remember you by! Silly me. :D Nevertheless, a lovely idea, beautifully executed.

Oh, welcome home, Cheryl!  {HUG}  DH got me a Garfield late last year, but it hasn't helped get me into gear over the Brimble's I've been working on.  I saw a finished Lafayette in one of our local thrift stores last week.  It always reminds me of the Greenleaf Arthur.   I love the journals, that's so clever.