Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Joann Swanson

12 posts in this topic

The sad news of the passing of two talented miniaturists, I've been wondering about Joann Swanson.  After she left Nutshell News, she started a blog but it's been idle since 2014.  Has anyone heard from her?  Is she ill or has she just stopped working on miniatures or something else

?

That is an excellent question.  I always read her articles.

Like you said - I cannot find anything after 2014 from her online. But I also cannot find anything saying she died...so I am hoping for the best!

On 1/31/2018, 3:48:41, Gayle said:

The sad news of the passing of two talented miniaturists, I've been wondering about Joann Swanson.  After she left Nutshell News, she started a blog but it's been idle since 2014.  Has anyone heard from her?  Is she ill or has she just stopped working on miniatures or something else

?

Do you know what area she was living in/around? Spokane?

37 minutes ago, minime said:

She appears to be active on FB.

WHEW! Yay! 

1 person likes this

Spokane sounds right but I can't be sure.  

I think she is/was Joann L Swanson and not Joanne Swanson, though. 

I really don't think that's the same person. The one who's active posting YouTube videos (Facebook link above) is not the same person who wrote for nutshell news and had the older blog. She (youtube, active Joanne) uses a graphic similar to the older Joann with the woman sitting working on minis holding a paintbrush...not sure the motives there. 

Well, I still see a ceasing of activity in 2014. I hope she's around - some folks move to instagram and other mediums, but I am intentionally unplugged from most of that. Oh well! I'll keep an eye out for her.

1 person likes this